test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Marks (Bank)

bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
I have the problem of an ever growing Fleet Marks total and no opportunity to contribute down to projects being started and the FM portion being filled when I'm not online.
From what I've seen, this isn't an uncommon issue.

I was thinking about this earlier and had a thought.
Instead of contributing directly to any projects, when you get the rare chance to, how about putting any earned FM's into the fleet bank.
You'd still earn points for any FM's banked and when it comes time to fill up a project, the fleet officer types then take from the banked total instead of people individually contributing to a project.

Everyone can then contribute no matter what time they log into the game.

Oh and you'd only get points when adding the FM's to the bank, not for adding them to a project.
Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
Post edited by bluejaye1 on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why not pm someone with permission to start one of them small 20 min projects
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Or find a small fleet that needs help , let your current fleet you are leaveing to help out another fleet and that it's only for a hour or so and you want to return. Donate to that new fleet get lots of FC help out a small fleet and rejoin your old fleet, at your previous grade.

I realy don't understand whats so hard about getting FC, most small fleets, mine include need donations, if another big fleet member ask if the could join just to donate and then leave that's fine by me, enjoy your fleet credits.
    As a fleet leader if I received a email from a member explaining that they need to earn FC and because of time differences, projects filling to quick etc they where going to this that would be fine, but let your current fleet leader know and agree to this first.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually, this isn't necessarily a bad suggestion as an optional way to unload fleet marks.

Doesn't benefit small fleets like mine very much. And it probably won't happen because Cryptic won't want to unlock an unlimited fleet credit generator. But perhaps an FM bank cap?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Actually, this isn't necessarily a bad suggestion as an optional way to unload fleet marks.

Doesn't benefit small fleets like mine very much. And it probably won't happen because Cryptic won't want to unlock an unlimited fleet credit generator. But perhaps an FM bank cap?
    What he ^^ and the people before him have said. Just like them I do have a new fleet as well. And believe me, we do need FM as well :D.

Anyhow, it's up to your current fleet admirals if they allow you to share your FM's to other fleets without losing your rank.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two possible methods for fixing this. First method is Fleet Mark Exchange similar to Dilthium Exchange where people can trade Fleet Marks for Fleet Credits. 75 Fleet Credits per Fleet Marks or higher should work to avoid the obvious problem of having it set at 50 Fleet Credits or lower. This system will help large and small fleets since small fleets have tons of Fleet Credits while large fleets have a ton of Fleet Marks.

Second method is massive Fleet Mark provision projects. Project costs just 5,000 Fleet Marks, has a 30 minute cooldown, and provides 10 provisions to every provision in a particular Fleet Holding. This method would only help large fleets.