test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Bang re-theory

kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Ten Forward
Vast over simplifications to follow.

Let us step back in time and space, before the "universe" we know. Before during and after the space we know there was only time yet without space time had no relation to itself, thus only under its own negative or vacuum pressure a relation was formed, distance between time itself, the linear passage of event(s). Now between points in "history" there was distance which we might call space thus the generation of the first planck unit. These units are not divisible by the current thoughts of such. To divide one planck is to create 2 of the original "size". This process would repeat under simply the passage of more time creating a proverbial "bang" of existence as we now know it. Stretching out in all directions at an inconceivable speed and rate of acceleration as modern theory dictates of our ever expanding universe or "bubble". Now we have the base mechanics of space time rolling across eternity, from this expansion a type of quantum stress occurred, "colliding" and stretching planc units became deformed kinking and knotting with one another, creating quantum filaments or super strings depending on the language you subscribe to, these are the elementary parts that later coalesced to create particles of energy and later matter. Thus to unify the theory of time into space and that space into energy and thus matter would be to at last have a variable (not fixed) background geometry that could in essence justify all of existence. Though I am not qualified to quantify each reaction or structure or its natural orders and values, this is the only way to bring together so many dualities within a reasonable manner. This has been a brief summary of my evolving understanding and my own theory of unified time. (The only constant is change and the nature of change is time passing thus the allowance of all relationships of all thing in the universe, that is the basic nature of existence itself).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kintisho wrote: »

Let us step back in time and space, before the "universe" we know. Before during and after the space we know there was only time yet without space time had no relation to itself, thus only under its own negative or vacuum pressure a relation was formed, distance between time itself, the linear passage of event(s). Now between points in "history" there was distance which we might call space thus the generation of the first planck unit. These units are not divisible by the current thoughts of such. To divide one planck is to create 2 of the original "size". This process would repeat under simply the passage of more time creating a proverbial "bang" of existence as we now know it. Stretching out in all directions at an inconceivable speed and rate of acceleration as modern theory dictates of our ever expanding universe or "bubble". Now we have the base mechanics of space time rolling across eternity, from this expansion a type of quantum stress occurred, "colliding" and stretching planc units became deformed kinking and knotting with one another, creating quantum filaments or super strings depending on the language you subscribe to, these are the elementary parts that later coalesced to create particles of energy and later matter. Thus to unify the theory of time into space and that space into energy and thus matter would be to at last have a variable (not fixed) background geometry that could in essence justify all of existence. Though I am not qualified to quantify each reaction or structure or its natural orders and values, this is the only way to bring together so many dualities within a reasonable manner. This has been a brief summary of my evolving understanding and my own theory of unified time. (The only constant is change and the nature of change is time passing thus the allowance of all relationships of all thing in the universe, that is the basic nature of existence itself).

Wrong, the basic nature of existence itself is... 42. :D

In all seriousness, what you've said makes very good sense, though I'm not an astrophysicist and as such am not really qualified to comment on the matter.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Wrong, the basic nature of existence itself is... 42. :D

Yup!

:D

22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, to be serious for a moment:

Current theory holds that "time" is internal to the universe--that is to say, there was no "before" the Big Bang any more than there is a location North of the North Pole. That is not to say that there wasn't any higher-dimensional "meta-time" inherent to the Multiverse, only that Multiversal meta-time is not continuous with our own time--if time is a dimension, then meta-time is another dimension at right angles to our time.

On the indivisibility of the Planck units of time and space:

The Planck length (and Planck time) are directly derived from basic principles of Relativity and Quantum Uncertainty. Basically, as the wavelength of a photon (or particle) gets shorter, its energy increases in inverse proportion--half the wavelength equals twice the energy. Now, according to Relativity, energy is the same as mass. Thus, when a particle's wavelength gets shorter than the Planck length, the particle's mass is so great that it collapses into a black hole. Black holes do not exhibit any of the usual quantum attributes besides mass, charge, and angular and linear momentum, which means that a particle that has collapsed into a black hole can not participate in the Strong and Weak nuclear interactions, only the Gravitational and Electromagnetic interactions.

The Planck time is likewise a limit because for any interaction to take place in less than the Planck time, it would necessarily either have to take place in a space less than the Planck length (which I have just discussed the issues with), or else the interacting particles would have to be moving faster than light (impossible for most particles in normal space under Relativity--even if they could move faster than light relative to each other, the interaction propagates at the speed of light).

In sum (TL:DR: ), describing what happens in lengths smaller than the Planck length or times shorter than the Planck time requires being able to describe what happens inside the event horizon of black holes, and current theory does not extend to this.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kintisho wrote: »

what? you call that a simplification? it looks like gibberish to me (straw man).

we dont know anything on the universe and we assume a lot to try fit a theory, yet people keep trying to bring in an opinion without facts to back up the claim. find hard proof to back up this pile and words on another link wont do it, thats still an opinion much the same with math which again is just an opinion.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    paragraphs ftw

pressing enter once in a while is imba