I shall break down the annoucement (posted here
and announced as posted here
(1) CaptainSmirk has some "interesting ideas" about STO's place in the history of MMOs. (EDIT: anyone who reads the record can tell Rivera's name is at the bottom - that's part of the joke of this specific point and if you cannot see it that's your problem, nobody is obligated to make you laugh)
(2) "Note: The Turn Rate set bonus on the Odyssey and Bortasqu was increased from 0.5 to 1.
" though it's not clear just yet why this is in the announcement at all.
(3) The Dreadnought, the Exploration Retrofit, and the Exploration Refit are going to be in a bundle
, which also comes with a Galaxy Bridge (though Smirk failed to clarify if this is unique or the bridge pack); Own any of these craft and you're out of luck, which makes the bridge a potentially volatile situation.
(4) Saucer Separation was replaced [with the Odyssey's verion]
AND will be available for use on the Dreadnought
(5) Saucer Separation + Antimatter Spread
== 2-piece set bonus
like the Romulans get.
AND THE BIG FINALE:
(6) The current Fed Gal Dreadnought was "[brought in line with other dreadnoughts]" by
(6)(a) adding a hangar; +++
(6)(b) changing the actually useful tactical-ensign into a universal-ensign (allowing for you to use the ship in the current Assault Cruiser mode, or Star Cruiser mode, or "Slit your wrists you have 3 ensigns" mode); ---
(6)(c) locking the actual ship being promised per the claim behind a Tier-4 fleet-store paywall
. Yeah that's right - Spaceball One went plaid.
(7) The Dreadnought's lance now has "wide beam" while "separated" - which means they may have left that god awful weapon as a toggle ability instead of "Dysoning" it up with a permanent, ACTUAL, weapon.
Questions, comments, rabid support for bad business decisions, please enjoy the posts.