test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Interviews D'Angelo

124»

Comments

• happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    loR was amazing. Problem is i played it 2, 3 times. I don't think ive touched a single piece of LoR Content for maybe 4 months or so?

The vast majority of people play episodes and then dont play them again. That's why MMO's need grind.

I guess they could try and think of a good reason to get people to replay episodes more often. Things like the FE replay tend to go over quite well. Perhaps episodes need to award marks and things?

Yup. Add a reasonable amount of marks/dilithium to episodes and then, ta-da!, people will replay them.

Trust me, I've been itching to replay some old missions. It's been awhile and I'd like to go through them again. Am I going to? No. Why? Because it's essentially "wasted" time. There's nothing to earn there anymore. They only reward you grinding a very slim cross section of content. And that's specifically what makes it a grind. They don't let you play what you want, and thus it cease to become play and starts to become work, and ultimately it's not worth it. It's like having a second job, but they aren't even paying minimum wage.

It's like they specifically want you to ignore most of the game...
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should add reputation marks to foundry, there is potential to create great voth, borg, romulan, tholian missions. Devs could evaluate created missions and give them special place like spotlighted missions have. Other solution is that spotlighted missions get option where you choose your marks at the end. This way we could get marks while we enjoy the story and there is no need for grind the same missions.

Story is the thing that I want to see in this game.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Love to see new missions in old enviroments....
    The prison of the fe, bajor just 2 maps that looks great and where they can make some new missions.
    Risa, ect so many great maps that doesn't get used anymore.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    Love to see new missions in old enviroments....
    The prison of the fe, bajor just 2 maps that looks great and where they can make some new missions.
    Risa, ect so many great maps that doesn't get used anymore.
    I agree.

Do you know where all the good environments are hiding?

Patrol space and ground missions.

Most of the patrol ground environments are used for 'quick scan' missions. Cryptic is underutilizing about two hundred ground environments on 'scan four of these items' tasks.

How about Andoria and Vulcan? Outside visiting Vulcan for a quick pickup, the massive environment sits empty and wasted. Andoria is also a massive environment. I would turn Vulcan and Andoria into Bajor Hathon.

Andoria has PvP potential written all over it.

Why build new environments when many of the existing ones go to waste?
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    teknesia wrote: »
    It's probably that combined with the aspect of Hirogen and Voth ships not necessarily being as aesthetically pleasing or Trek-linked.

The Hirogen Battleship is amazing, and it is a classic star trek voyager season ship, and it is asthetically good looking for a starship. Now, the "hirogen" ships you can find through episodes or queues are not hirogen ships, they dont have the design, must be a old design cryptic invented time ago, since there were not enough hirogen designs to go (only the hirogen light cruiser and the battleship). In the case of Voth ships, cryptic needed to invent the 90% of the content, since the Voth are one of the less documented species from star trek (only appeared in 1 episode of the entire saga.. and the only ship that we could see was the voth city ship..).

No. Thats not the reason. The reason is, people is already tired of the lock boxes and the need to grind so many zen to gather thousands of keys to open thousands of boxes to get almost nothing. Not to mention, a lot of people waste money directly buying high quantities of zen to buy thousands of keys, and sometimes they dont even get lucky. Obviously, rich people.

I think, those ships should be hard to get, but trying to stabilish a system that forces the players to grind zen to have the chance of 0,00001% of gathering that ship they want is not the right way. It only shows again the way cryptic is trying to gather more money from the customers, and its always the same story. But thats the problem with f2p games, in the end, they are not really f2p and the company doesnt care the same about keeping a clean game free of bugs everywhere.

New content is always good, but what we dont want right now is new content. Because new content = no bugs fixed. But peple seem to not understand, thats a shame, that you guys keep asking for new content. Everybody loves new content, specially in a game like STO, but keeping the game playable is the most important thing. And right now, there are times that i want just to leave the game and stop playing for good. Other times i keep loving it, but its hard sometimes when you keep finding bugs everywhere, and you know they will be never fixed. Unfortunately.
  • aleciabethaleciabeth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your pigs! The developer can think of only 3 meters wide.
    This game is getting worse with each new patch. the base must be redesigned immediately, and with star trek it has no more to do here.

To the developer:
    skill system: eve online
    reputation system: eve online
    crafing system: eve online

The best what can you make for STO.

Oh sorry, i forgot STO is a cash-cow, and we the gamer are a herd of stupid sheeps!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aleciabeth wrote: »
    Your pigs! The developer can think of only 3 meters wide.
    This game is getting worse with each new patch. the base must be redesigned immediately, and with star trek it has no more to do here.

To the developer:
    skill system: eve online
    reputation system: eve online
    crafing system: eve online

The best what can you make for STO.

Oh sorry, i forgot STO is a cash-cow, and we the gamer are a herd of stupid sheeps!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

Google translator gone wrong....

So far, I don't like the direction the game has gone either. A step between stars was a great episode with excellent voice acting by Tuvok but the anniversary event as a whole left a bad taste in my mouth. It was supposed to be about celebrating the game and giving thanks to the players and instead we got another grind. I will still give Al some chances to redeem himself but definitely not the smoothest start.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think they're misinterpreting the data. Its all speculation on my part of course, but I think they didn't sell as many keys for the Voth lockboxes as they had hoped to. I see even less of the notices for the Hirogen boxes.They know that the longer people are logged in the more keys (and zen) they are likely to buy, therefore to up their ROI they would need to make players stay logged in longer. This all equates to longer grinds.

I do not think they take into consideration ship fatigue, just how many ships are they expecting to keep selling from lockboxes? The players around me that used to want every new lockbox ship are more or less tired of overpriced new ships and hardly bother with lockboxes anymore.

After (finally) getting my temporal science vessel, the only other special ship I'm after is the Jem Hadar bugship. And no lockbox key can open one of those. Unlike the other locked ships, I can't buy a c-store item at any time to try and gamble one on one of zillions of stored-up lockboxes; I have to wait for a doff promotion that lasts a week or two, which isn't pushing me to spend my money throughout the whole year.
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    According to D'Angelo's perspective, players are leaving because the Voth holdings were too quick. I think D'Angelo needs to dig a little deeper. I wonder if the majority of the players, veterans, are seeing the Voth rep as the last hurray. Other words, people are leaving because they are tired of the grind.

Out side of the endgame grind, 'Star Trek: Online' doesn't have that much to offer. All the endgame consoles, armors, shields, weapons, and ships are grinding tools.

'Star Trek: Online's' main story has been overshadowed by the grinding mechanic. When people eventually walk away form 'STO', I do not think the game will leave a lasting impression.

People remember characters such as Lord Revan, Bastila Shan, Flemeth, Morgan, and Leliana for a reason.

'Star Trek', the franchise, has many rememberable characters and stories; however, 'Star Trek: Online' does not have anything that inspires passion. Just grinds.

'Star Trek: Online' is a very hollow game.

I bet the game has come full-circle, and the developers just haven't noticed.
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think they're misinterpreting the data. Its all speculation on my part of course, but I think they didn't sell as many keys for the Voth lockboxes as they had hoped to. I see even less of the notices for the Hirogen boxes.

I don't know about the Hirogen boxes, but - and this is of course just anecdotal evidence - I make a lot of EC on the markets reselling the secondary drops from lockboxes, ie, not the big ticket items, but the stuff that you're going to get dozens of if you open enough to get a ship. Supply waxes and wanes depending on how, and what, people are opening.

The secondary drops supply from the Voth lockbox went completely bananas during the holiday key sale promotion. Bananas. I don't think it's because other market speculators were taking the holiday off, either - I could even figure out what everyone else's "buy all of item X below price Y" levels were just by watching people sweeping things off the market with both hands, which would pause things at that level... for an hour or two. There was just a fat torrent of supply.

It's harder to tell with the Hirogen boxes, partly because the best unique indicator - the new Reputation Marks Bonus Pools - were initially bugged to be bound on pickup, so we're missing the data from the initial "release spike".
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do like the rep systems in terms of Tech and Perks, but the mark system of donating to projects is somewhat repetitive especially when u have to do it with multiple characters, if anything the Rep Mark system should be convetrted to a Rep XP system like when u kill alien infantry, ships and completing queues that belongs to that certain Rep, u should passively earn a certain amount of Rep XP from them, and as for upgrading to the next Tier, use only the Skill XP to do that.

As for buying space/ground tech just use a combination of Skill XP, Dilithium and something similar to Voth implants and Borg nano things to get stuff ur toons needed.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    get me to that underground city on Andoria.
    I know right ?! I'd LOVE to see this, and a walk-able explorable village on all of the founders of the Federation planets. (Like Bajor) I know this is a lot of work, but with all this talk of expansions to other quadrants and all, I feel that much of what we have now, needs to be finished.
    No Betazed, Ferenginar ect. ect.
    I respect the amount of work you've done, but very little of 8's content has added to my enjoyment of the gameplay.
    I agree again.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I didn't watch the interview but from what posts here are saying, that's complete and utter BS.

I NEVER once say a player, in game or on the forums, moan and gripe about "not having anything to do once Dyson rep was finished".

The reason why the Dyson rep is quick to go through is because that is how we WANTED it. We have also requested that all other reputations be converted to function the same way as Dyson rep because, even though a character is sponsored, it's still a long pain in the neck to grind out, especially since a lot of PvE events in the queue have nobody waiting to join in.

The hourly events were removed and reputation marks from PvE queued events were not increased to compensate.

We still get a max of 24 marks from Azure Nebula Rescue despite us asking for well over a year to have it increased to something more reasonable, and no hourly event means we can't get the max of 30 marks from it anymore. And if you're getting almost all T'liss ships to rescue for 1 point each, it ends up being less. Sometimes I only get 16 or less marks from this damned mission. :mad:

No........we now have to wait for weekend long events to pop up to get a decent friggen amount of marks from this mission. The sad thing is, it is the ONLY mission players seem to queue for the most for romulan marks. Mine trap gives decent marks but almost nobody does it. And there is still an AFK player problem in it (I was able to do it a few times in the last week though, but only once or twice in a single day at most).