test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO has been one uped by Michael Bay

neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Ten Forward
STO has Dinosaurs in the game, but looks like Michael Bay one up us by having Optimus Prime riding a Freaking T-REX!:D
GwaoHAD.png
Post edited by neoakiraii on

Comments

• idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dinos are hip! :D
    signwidrona.png
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    STO has Dinosaurs in the game, but looks like Michael Bay one up us by having Optimus Prime riding a Freaking T-REX!:D

What the actual, everloving ****?

I mean...

What the ****?

Didn't we just have the last Transformers movie like three years ago? And didn't they like kill all the bad guys or something? And didn't they say that it was, like, the last movie in the series or something?

Also, that scene is the most outrageous, ridiculous, unfunny, completely pathetic scene I have seen since Ian Ziering jumped into a shark in "Sharknado".
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Grimlock was in Transformers before Michael Bay even knew who the smurf Optimus Prime even was. Grimlock did not come from Michael Bay.
    worffan101 wrote: »

I mean...

What the ****?

Didn't we just have the last Transformers movie like three years ago? And didn't they like kill all the bad guys or something? And didn't they say that it was, like, the last movie in the series or something?

Also, that scene is the most outrageous, ridiculous, unfunny, completely pathetic scene I have seen since Ian Ziering jumped into a shark in "Sharknado".
    Transformers is a juggernaut of a franchise. Its media isn't gonna end cause the characters killed each other. =)

And having a classic character interact with Optimus Prime certainly isn't jumping the shark. No, Jumping the shark in the TF multiverse happened a lot earlier in a little thing called Kiss Players...
    edited February 2014
    Um...I said "jumped into a shark".

Yeah. It happened. That movie was awful.
    edited February 2014
    edited February 2014
    He had a chainsaw.

Let me put it this way. One day, with a couple of buddies and enough beer for a fraternity keg party, plus one science geek, watch "Sharknado".

It's only fun if you're boozed up enough to not take it seriously. Just enjoy the cleavage and wet clothes.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aww man. I was hoping for bigger explosions in STO. battleships explode pretty pathetic in STO. Love the borg cube explosion, but Michael Bay should help with the other ones.

He's really a pro at it.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a sad day in Nerd culture when people actually think Micheal Bay invented the Dinobots.

I suppose you all think that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are aliens, too!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

I mean...

What the ****?

Dinobots were the coolest thing the autobots had back in the day. Shocked it took them THIS long to appear in the movies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    No, Jumping the shark in the TF multiverse happened a lot earlier in a little thing called Kiss Players...

See this is why I don't take most complaints against the Bay transformers that seriously because when you think about it probably doesn't cause one to staring at it wondering what the heck they are looking quite like some of the stuff Japan came up with.
    edited February 2014
    Dinobots were the coolest thing the autobots had back in the day. Shocked it took them THIS long to appear in the movies.
    Bay actually hates the Dinobots, and said that he wouldn't feature them in any movie. I'm just wondering what made him change his mind.
    hartzilla wrote: »
    See this is why I don't take most complaints against the Bay transformers that seriously because when you think about it probably doesn't cause one to staring at it wondering what the heck they are looking quite like some of the stuff Japan came up with.
    Haha yeah. Though in every generation, fans have something to complain about...
    edited February 2014
    Bay actually hates the Dinobots, and said that he wouldn't feature them in any movie. I'm just wondering what made him change his mind.

That big azz Hasbro check.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited February 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    The Insecticons can't be far behind.
    They were already in in Revenge of The Fallen. Remember those little nanomachine-like aliens that merge into that thin burgler-bot that stole the allspark shard? And the mini-spybot that crawled through the hole in the wall in the desert? The one that Sam noticed, picked up, and squashed. Yeah, those unfortunately were Insecticons...
    edited February 2014
    The Insecticons can't be far behind.
    The Insecticons can't be
    The Insecticons
    Insecticons

Insecti-

*deep breath*

KHAAAANS!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unicron can't be that far behind
    GwaoHAD.png
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

$$$

Not that that's bad, I wouldn't mind seeing Grimlock (who was first seen around 1985 or so, if I recall correctly) in there myself.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Two words: Beast Wars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, I guess they were. What about Bruticus and the Combaticons. Maybe Galvatron is the new bad guy. Scourge, and the Sweeps haven't been done yet.
    Brawl was in movie 1. It is speculated that the Stunticons are in Age of Extinction, though I'm quite skeptical of that being the case.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a sad day in Nerd culture when people actually think Micheal Bay invented the Dinobots.

I suppose you all think that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are aliens, too!

Oh please don't remind me of that....
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Unicron can't be that far behind
    I'm surprised they've gotten four movies in and not used Unicron yet. You'd think for MichaelbuhSPLOSIONS, a giant planet-eating transformer would be like a gleaming beacon, crying out to be bastardized and turned into an obvious racial stereotype.
    Two words: Beast Wars
    If Michael Bay touches Beast Wars I will riot.

They need to reunite the writers and animators behind Transformers: Prime to do a Beast Wars reboot right. Srsly, Prime was amazing.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Insecti-

*deep breath*

KHAAAANS!

Is it too soon to name my heroic post of the week?
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    game already has allalh worms or whatever they are called. probably a reference to tremors xD

dinosaurs which an obvious link to Jurassic park,

i wouldnt be surprised if the voth mechs were expanded on into pvp and get MWO in sto :P at least for season 9.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I loved Transformers as a kid, and still think the original cartoon movie is the best cartoon ever made. that being said I've pretty much hated the bay movies if for no other reason that the stupid humour. (there are plenty of other reasons).

I would love to see unicron appear, and surprised he has not yet, but the thought of Bay stepping all over the cartoon version makes me shudder.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Weren't all the bad guys killed off in Dark of the Moon? :confused: Seeing a new one, just makes it feel, they should add in: Transformers, Universe of Zombie Robot Apocalypse, or something. How many times is Megatron (or Galvatron if such is indeed used,) gonna be rezzed here? Gee, if such could only be used on the hew-mons in the same movies that get offed, like Mega Fox was. (Sorry.)

Anywho, if they are gonna go this far, I wana see the next movie have Metroplex and the Decepticon version, of the city sized transformers, go at it, and actually level an entire city, as a special effects stunt. (Or just crazy CGI... your call.)
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Optimus...Grimlock...explosions...

Where is the bad part again?

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    foxalpha5 wrote: »

I want to know if this was in earths past or something.... I see Optimus weilding a sword and shield, seems odd for him, isn't he an axe man?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    foxalpha5 wrote: »

In the director's chair and behind the proverbial pen writing the script.

"Special effects are just a tool, a means of telling a story. People have a tendency to confuse them as an end to themselves. A Special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. " -George Lucas 1983

(yes I understand the irony of that, I have seen the prequels)