Install Arc

To the PVE community: You can ground pvp

mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Post edited by mcduffie369 on

Comments

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To the PVP community NOT Interested in pvp, plus those dark glasses paint you as a "tough PVP player" and I don't want to become your puppet. ;)
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why should they, though?

It's not like they're missing out on the best part of the game, or anything.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No thanks. Not a fan of PvP. At least not enough to so outside my fleet as anything but fun.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    Not sure that the PvE community wants anything to do with PvP.

Absolutely correct.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dear OP PvP person,

Why would the PvE community want to have anything to do with PvP that hasn't been covered in great detail in the numerous threads created about this in the past (a few created you if I am not mistaken)? As far as I am aware, no new mechanic has been added recently that would make it any more desirable than it has been in the past, ground or space.

Also, the sunglasses indoors are silly, not cool. ;)
    edited February 2014
    I don't want to be your punch bag OP, what's up are you running out of bunnies to kill? Are you trying to convince us to become your preys? :D:D:D I rather run naked through the warp drive than do PVP.

Yep those sunglasses really hit the spot, typical glasses of a ganker. LOL
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lolpvp

/10char
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    To the PVP community NOT Interested in pvp, plus those dark glasses paint you as a "tough PVP player" and I don't want to become your puppet. ;)

don't mock... i'm not a tough enough pvp player the shove a firework down my pants.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    don't mock... i'm not a tough enough pvp player the shove a firework down my pants.

I am. /10 char
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am. /10 char

Take it up a notch... type in "Butt Rocket" into YT... then record yourself doing that.... do that.. and myself and the rest of hammer will bow to your superior pvp intellect.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I am. /10 char

Tough is not a word I would use to describe that.
  • lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    and how many threads do we have on this subject already? PvP isn't happening except for a select few that have the Devs ear. So no... no PvP here.
    edited February 2014
    and how many threads do we have on this subject already? PvP isn't happening except for a select few that have the Devs ear. So no... no PvP here.

It is for the casual players that I lean towards. Make you voices heard.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To the PVE community: You can ground pvp

"To the pear community- you can be an apple" :rolleyes:

Okay: Why would I want to?
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What for? If I want to do PvP, much better games, I play star trek to do 'gasp' star trek, not being told I suck by hard core PvPers with chips on their sholders.

I play this game to RELAX, not be annoyed. I want PvP, World of Tanks does it better.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    What for? If I want to do PvP, much better games, I play star trek to do 'gasp' star trek, not being told I suck by hard core PvPers with chips on their sholders.

I play this game to RELAX, not be annoyed. I want PvP, World of Tanks does it better.

I understand how you feel, and that is why I am no longer a part of the ground pvp fleets. They can be very hard to deal with. However, that is no reason why you can not participate on your own terms.
    edited February 2014

Heh. The problem you have is not that they are not making their voices heard, it's that those voices, are not saying what you want to hear. You keep asking the same question expecting different answers. Those answers will not change until the equation changes.
    edited February 2014
    Heh. The problem you have is not that they are not making their voices heard, it's that those voices, are not saying what you want to hear. You keep asking the same question expecting different answers. Those answers will not change until the equation changes.

I understand.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All I see mostly in PvP, is Players (being polite by not using a more descriptive and accurate nomenclature) trying to compensate for something ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think everyone needs to relax. If anything, this was a tease show for pvp games. And lets face it, even by these comments we can tell that most are not interested in the pvp of STO.

It is very much possible that a viewer may be interested because maybe they perhaps actually don't understand the key points? Interested or not, it's for the open mind.

Just because the sterotype of a pvper is to whine and complain and scream englolish doesn't mean we should. I have never pvp'ed in this game, but I'm all the more welcome to see a better community grow into it--if others are willing to give it a chance.

It's all optional anyway. :P
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lets see...

PvE Fun and general interest for stories, or PvP with children crying whenever you kill them...

I wan't nothing to do with the childish player-base called "PvP-Players". Their general attitude and lack of maturity is unappealing to me.

The amount of crying and b*tching going on in matches, and the fact that people can't handle losing... When your team wins, you get spammed with cry-babies who claim you use cheats, hacks and general insults, and when your team loses, some nut-job on your own team magically forgets that he was part of said team, and blames everyone else.

Yea... I vote for full removal of all PvP in the game. It can get lost for all I care.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PVP in this game is, and always has been, a complete joke. Ground PVP even more than space.

Sad but true.

Maybe that will change in the future, but at this point I'm not sure if it would really matter or not as the PVP community around here is full of the worst kind of people. The kind of people who make the jerks who play League of Legends look like nice guys.
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you don't give pvp communities a chance, it never will happen.

It's like the lottery... You can't win if you don't play. Even if the chances here are realistically similar.
  • bladewolf5bladewolf5 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love PvP, specially in large scale warfare:D, but in STO, not my cup of tea, PvE and the stories telling still the best in this game.;)

Don't know why some players are like in "killing" mode emotion.:rolleyes:, it just a game.
    edited February 2014
    Ok I tried PVP yesterday to please the poster of this topic.

The short version: Got to the respawn point, took 3 steps dead, respawn, took 2 steps dead, respawn, took 1 step dead. Respawn out of there.

Same gankers, well geared to P2W to the teeth, not even a snowball chance in hell to do PVP again.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Weren't you the one who wanted people who spec fully into ground to stop doing it just because you lost a game?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited February 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Weren't you the one who wanted people who spec fully into ground to stop doing it just because you lost a game?

Me? Don't know what you are talking about, never done PVP I just tried once to make sure if I like it or not. I don't like it.
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No, Thank You.

I do not wish to PVP. I am sure I can find many good PVP MMO's if that's what I wanted to do.

The main reason is that PVP seems to be a race to see who can manipulate the keyboard and mouse faster - I give in, you win. I'm not interested in proving myself in that way.
    \
    Secondly, it becomes a contest of who is the best informed, which is often due to who you HAPPEN to know or what information you are lucky enough to have access to.

And thirdly, it can also be a contest of who has the best game controller and equipment, which boils down to a contest of money, and I won't even go there.

(I suppose its could also be a contest of who has no life. I have a life, one from which I'm grateful to have STO to escape from. You wanna challenge me out here in Real Life and see who can deal with the most challenges? Bring it.)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did they fix the black spheres of death yet? Last time i did some ground pvp those were annoying.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    why you dont want the vid viewed on mobiles is anyones guess.