test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rest In Peace, Phillip Seymour Hoffman

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Ten Forward
In case you hadn't already seen, police reported earlier that Oscar Winning actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman had been found dead at his place in New York.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56749623/

As a movie nerd, this comes as a great blow. Hoffman was a very talented actor, and starred in some of my - and other's - favorite movies, including Capote, The Big Lebowski and The Ides Of March. Sadly, he never appeared in Trek.

It also raises questions about his appearance in the latest Hunger Games movie, which is still in the process of being filmed. Will they deal with it like they did with Heath Ledger, or perhaps just pull some digital trickery like they did with Lawrence Olivier.
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
Post edited by johngazman on

Comments

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well its always a shame to loose a talented actor/actress and, it really would seem that money and fame doesn't always mean a happy life, RIP.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, damn.

He was always one of my favorite actors. I'm gonna miss him.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited February 2014
    I liked him in Mission Impossible III and Twister.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    This is very sad. I loved him in pretty much everything he was ever in.
    There are some actors (Bruce Willis, Will Ferrell) who basically play themselves in every role.
    There are others, like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who always played someone completely different, and never let us see who we never really get to know as a person.
    You will be missed.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This is very sad. I loved him in pretty much everything he was ever in.
    There are some actors (Bruce Willis, Will Ferrell) who basically play themselves in every role.
    There are others, like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who always played someone completely different, and never let us see who we never really get to know as a person.
    You will be missed.

Yep. Another example of the Willis type would be Al Pacino: a terrific actor but usually just plays Al Pacino. Whereas Gary Sinese would be a Hoffman type.

I'l be watching State & Main today, a hilarious movie that nonetheless will make me rather sad. Just an amazing talent.

RIP PSH.