test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Gravimetric DOFF (PSW Repel) Darrak & Rajarr not functioning

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
In some testing this evening, it appears this DOFF doesn't do anything.

The repel on the UI is doubled, but the actual effect on enemy ships doesn't change.

Also, it seems to break the repel of tractor beams.
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited February 2014
    I was the other half of this test. Ulti hit me with a full aux PSW3+Doff from 1.62km out. I didn't move at all. Without the doff, I was moved 1.3km. My ID skill is 84.

about the TB, well, when he had the new doff on, I didn't even notice I was tractored. Without the doff I had to boost engine power and use evasives to move. edit: we just wanted to try anything that had a repel to see if the doff was having any affects on anything else.
    LOLSTO
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    We'll look into this on Monday. 'Til then, I'd love to see if anyone else can corroborate. It was working in our internal builds before the Jan30 patch... so I'd like to know what other factors might be at play here.

Also, regular Tractor Beam has no Repel. It never has. Are you talking about Tractor Beam Repulsors?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited February 2014
    We'll look into this on Monday. 'Til then, I'd love to see if anyone else can corroborate. It was working in our internal builds before the Jan30 patch... so I'd like to know what other factors might be at play here.

Also, regular Tractor Beam has no Repel. It never has. Are you talking about Tractor Beam Repulsors?

No, it was regular TB's and it could easily have been some other weird thing going on, like when TB activates and deactivates immediately for no apparent reason.

I can do some more testing on it for you, but it was pretty apparent that my ship wasn't moving at all when PSW'd by Ultimatum at 1.62km out. Our distance from each other never changed and we tried it a few times, even though his PSW tooltip showed that the repel stat had in fact doubled.
    LOLSTO
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yeah I can't explain the interaction with Tractor Beam (not repulsors).

What I can say is that with the DOFF slotted, I wasn't able to slow brandon in the slightest with 200 total in grav gens and 125 aux power using a Tractor Beam.

When I removed the DOFF, he needed to use several abilities to be able to move a bit.

Thanks for looking into it.