test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation System - What the heck?

kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
edited February 2014 in The Academy
So I have not played this game for about a year and a half, came back, and saw this reputation system.

It seems easy enough. I look at the tiers and abilities...ok so it will take 5000 reputation xp to get to tier 1.

So I queue up a project...and get 5 reputation xp???

Am I truly expected to do 1000 of these projects just to get to tier 1? What am I missing here? Can somebody please explain what I am doing wrong? How would somebody ever get to tier 4 or 5???
Post edited by kolbrandr on

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You should see main projects which award 2000xp and 800xp, cant miss them as they are the ones with a 20hour duration.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also of you have alts, like many of us, after one gets to tier 5 you unlock a project to sponsor your other characters, meaning they get double rep from each project.
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2014
    Thanks guys. Not sure how I missed that. Much more reasonable!
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, the rep system is just a way to add grind to the game, but luckily they did make it a little better than other areas. Each tier gives you a passive bonus, which is nice, and some of the store items can be good as well, though i would suggest waiting until you're finished with the rep to buy anything.

Also, do the all of the rep at once on one character. It's expensive in the later tiers, but it's faster, and as someone said earlier, finishing a Rep lets you buy a sponsorship token. you can put those in your Account bank, and they give your alts Double XP for their rep grinds. It's still a grind, but they've at least made it a little more worthwhile.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    though i would suggest waiting until you're finished with the rep to buy anything.

The exception to that can be the Sphere rep.

There are no mark X or XI versions of the main sets, all mark XII.

Also, the rep projects work somewhat differently to the others.

Essentially, one requires a single token gotten from either running a sphere type team mission, or by doing a daily there. It rewards a a lot of rep xp.

The other takes dyson marks but rewards a small amount of xp.

One can make n argument for not spending the marks on rep, instead holding them back to build gear.