test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Patching didnt work at all

okay i played a lot lately and due to the discinnects i had to log off regularly and each time it pre pacthed the whole thing.. 1,6 GB... each time..

now i got finally home today and not only that the servers are down it AGAIN FRIGGIN PATCHES... what the hell? why enable prepatching anyways then if it doesnt work?
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sophus84at on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Pre-patching is not the whole enchilada = it's only half the pie = it's 50% if the ice cream pint. There will still always be patching required the day of launch as we keep working on the build up until it's ready to ship, and pre-patching only has what was ready up until the pre-patch build was made.

Can you tell I'm hungry?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    prepatching has been around for about 3 years but I have only seen it work properly once or twice.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    jetcaravacajetcaravaca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am having a similar issue but slightly different. I know the server is back up but the game just stalls at the "Legacy of Romulus" screen. I would make a new thread but I haven't been here long enough and this one was close enough to the subject. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited January 2014
    Pre-patching is not the whole enchilada = it's only half the pie = it's 50% if the ice cream pint. There will still always be patching required the day of launch as we keep working on the build up until it's ready to ship, and pre-patching only has what was ready up until the pre-patch build was made.

Can you tell I'm hungry?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I Love Enchiladas, OMG Cheese Pie........ ICE CREAM... chocolate plz, not to mention Taco.......fangs.....!!!!! :D Brandon diz is why you are my favorite Community Manager!!!!!!
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon - any way you can advocate an extension of the Day-3 Pre-Anniversary Gift and the Anniversary Event due to server problems?

Last night I had the most horrific lag and rubber-banding I've ever experienced. I tried to level a KDF on another account to 20 so I could get the free ship. Very sadly server problems (from pre-patching??) killed my efforts and I gave up at Level 15 :(

It would be awesome if you could get Cryptic to offer us another day to get those free ships and an extra day for the Anniversary Ships due to all the server troubles.