test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4th Anniversary Events - Feedback (Probable Spoiler Alert)

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
So, i've done the mission (twice) and Party Patrol (twice). Given that that is all there is to this year's anniversary event, my thoughts thus far.

A Step Between Stars

+ It's fun, it's interesting and it (finally) progresses the story in a meaningful way.
+ Unlike the previous Anniversary FE, you get to test the ship that relates to your character's faction.
+ Tim Russ' voice acting is great, and he's a credit to the game.
+ The mission looks good overall, has some nice rewards and makes some great call backs here and there.
+ It's long.

On the downside;

- It's long. And I say this is also a bad point because certain parts are unneccessary - why, for example, are there three door locks to override, when one would suffice?
- It's buggy. In the room where you defeat some Voth, it's possible for them to phase through the latticework walls, where they can continue to shoot at you, but you cannot shoot back. Beaming out sets you back to the start of the mission. Sound was also buggy in places.
- The Dyson ships also appear to be buggy. For example, while in Science Mode, the Romulan version is still able to fire it's Proton Cannons when it activates the Weapon Overload Singularity power. Happily, this was the only bug with the ship that I came across.
- In addition to Koren, a squad of Klingons in the Solanae sphere command room are wearing full versions of the Klingon fleet outfit. Is this some kind of internal joke? It's getting kind of annoying seeing NPCs wearing this but players still can't access it.

Moving on.

Party Patrol

+ Although I initially felt i'd rather grind these Qmendations from replaying the FE, this is now not the case. Of course, i'd rather not have to grind them at all, but hey, what can you do now.

- It's Party Patrol. It is - as it always has been - obnoxious as hell. And it seems worse this year. The "Catch the Mini-Q" isn't so bad, but with full Zones, it can get confusing when multiple people are all trying to catch a Q and can't determine which one is theirs.

The Box game, however, is not only likely to ruin this anniversary for me, but drive me from the game altogether. Q now seems to move at the same time as the boxes on occasion, meaning it more often than not ends up being a blind guess rather than skill at following where he is.

And of course, people just have to be dicks and stand where you're trying to do it.

To top it off, there's an assload of space in the outdoor section of SFA where additional Mini-Q's could have been located to prevent there being queues for Q's. And it most certainly does not take 2-5 minutes with full zones.

All in all, disapointed. Easily the worst Anniversary Event by a long shot. All of the goodwill you made up through 2013 has been lost - from me at least, and i'm sure others feel the same - by turning this into a grind-fest. Even the goodness of the FE can't offset the irritation that adding another grind has caused.

So there we go. Let me know what you lot feel about this. Happy 4th Anniversary!
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif