test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Getting doffs with romulan captain at academy and romulan command

possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Academy
If you can get duty officers at both the Romulan Command and Star Fleet Academy with my Romulan captain, why can't I do the same with my federation captains? Also, I know of the Vulcan,Andorian and Tellerite ones you can get at the fed academy. Are there more out there for free without paying dilithium?
Post edited by possumlips on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    possumlips wrote: »
    If you can get duty officers at both the Romulan Command and Star Fleet Academy with my Romulan captain, why can't I do the same with my federation captains? Also, I know of the Vulcan,Andorian and Tellerite ones you can get at the fed academy. Are there more out there for free without paying dilithium?

You already provided the answer in your question...
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Short answers;1 because only romulans can go to new romulous command and 2 yes, they are occasionally available in sector space.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Colonial chain completion = free blue doffs
    Colonial repeat assignment = free purple doff on crit
    Asylum assignment = dump the refugees from the colonial repeat into the correct assignment, and more often than not, get a blue doff.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You already provided the answer in your question...

Still doesn't answer why:

a) the Federation/KDF Captain can't run Romulan recruitment, while the Romulan can run Fed/KDF

and

b) why Fed/KDF duty officers are being rewarded through Romulan duty officer contacts (up- and downgrinder at command can yield Fed/KDf as well as Romulan doffs), while we don't get Romulan doffs through the SFA or KA
    why can't I do the same with my federation captains?

The real reason is, that the Dev who was in charge of the duty officer system moved on a year and a half ago, and any changes done to the duty officer system since then, which includes any doffing related to Romulan characters and the Tau Dewa system were half-hearted, inconsistent and badly implemented.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still doesn't answer why:

a) the Federation/KDF Captain can't run Romulan recruitment, while the Romulan can run Fed/KDF

Did your Fed/KDF character agree to ally to the Romulans, and agree to do battle against other Fed/KDF agents??

The only reasons why the Romulans can do this, is that their actively trying to play both sides of the Fed/KDF conflict. Both the Feds and the KDF will not tolerate a officer fighting against their own comrades...
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Even Cryptic have admitted, not in so many words perhaps, but read between the lines and you see that Cryptic didn't think the player base was comprehensive enough to support another complete faction, that Romulans are a 'Fraction" not a 'Faction" which is why they need to be aligned with one of the others, and why there are several areas where they lag behind the others ...

But there are compensations, like being able to use a lot more varied ships and equipment, and ... Recruit DoFF's from more places ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png