test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XMPP Services Temporarily Unavailable (Jan 17, 2014) [Resolved!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We are aware that XMPP services (out of game chat) are not currently available and we are working on a resolution to this.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

We are aware that XMPP services (out of game chat) are not currently available and we are working on a resolution to this.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is this for arc or something? Because if it isn't I had no idea the regular client even had an out of game chat.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hope this is resolved soon! Hopefully before I hit the pub this evening.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    doalxk wrote: »
    Is this for arc or something? Because if it isn't I had no idea the regular client even had an out of game chat.

No its been around for a while, you can usea a client such as "pidgin" to connected to the in-game chat channels, although its only available to gold or life subscribers.
    server_hamster6.png
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    No its been around for a while, you can usea a client such as "pidgin" to connected to the in-game chat channels, although its only available to gold or life subscribers.

Ahh okay. Didn't know that. Thanks.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone took the X out of XMPP... :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its really a cool feature I use the out of game chat all the time on my Iphone though on iphone you cannot access guild channals. It sometimes freaks people out whe I use pidgin on my laptop cause I can chait on guild and officer chat and not show up as in game.

over in CO they are talking abut the out of game chat being part of the reason love PWE and the connected chat also causes people jump between the 3 games STO CO and NW though it would be nice if they added a way for pure NW people to access the out of game stuff stince they don't have gold or lifetime.

I love the out of game features PWE adds to its mmos The ARC beta is adding a facebook/myspacelike page to our games (similar to core connect) though they don't have personal picture album and guild support yet

and NW has a GATEWAY feature that allows access to auctionhouse and tradeskilling as well as the ability to send your pets on a dice based adventure Id love to see that added for STO to manage duty officers and send Bridge officers on missions.
  • dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    It's working again.

thank you!
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    XMPP is available once again. Thanks for your patience as we worked on a resolution!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.