test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3.3% bonus damage for three power systems above 75.

bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
How do we as players know this is working ingame? Can we get a small icon for when it kicks in like we do with Leech, Adapt and other similiar effects?
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
Post edited by bitemepwe on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would definitely be nifty to have a little buff icon that displays 1/2/3/4 for that...
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    Can't really tell unless you look at your damage as you bring power levels up, it does work btw you just need to keep an eye on your power levels for each above 75.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Doesn't the 'Synergy Amp' icon indicate that it's working?
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That only indicates you have access to it. I still have it even when only one power level is above 75.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    How do we as players know this is working ingame? Can we get a small icon for when it kicks in like we do with Leech, Adapt and other similiar effects?

Good suggestion! So much more useful than that little passive-aggressive 'Transwarp to Fleet Enabled' icon (presumable there to make others go 'Oooo! I wanna be in a Fleet too, and spend Dilithium!'), which isn't even a buff, and should never have been there in the first place..

[Amp], however, like Sensor Analysis, is a buff, and should be displayed accordingly when it activates a buff in one or more of your subsystems, and not be 'on' permanently, like it is now.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Good suggestion! So much more useful than that little passive-aggressive 'Transwarp to Fleet Enabled' icon (presumable there to make others go 'Oooo! I wanna be in a Fleet too, and spend Dilithium!'), which isn't even a buff, and should never have been there in the first place..

[Amp], however, like Sensor Analysis, is a buff, and should be displayed accordingly when it activates a buff in one or more of your subsystems, and not be 'on' permanently, like it is now.

It would be nice if you had a tooltip that you could scroll across those buffs and said what the hell it did.

And yes the "passive-agressive" fleet things dont need to be there.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    colorblind90colorblind90 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    erm, does it work for power levels SET at 75+ or power levels that are set to below 75 but go over it?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's whenever a power level goes over it.

125/100 W
    77/50 S
    56/25 E
    56/25 A

Would give you 3.3% + 3.3% for the weapons and shields. Say you started cycling emergency power to engines and auxiliary which then made it look like this:

125/100 W
    77/50 S
    78/25 E
    78/25 A

You would receive 3.3% + 3.3% + 3.3% + 3.3% for all four power levels being over 75.

• Options
    colorblind90colorblind90 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Makes a lot of sense, thought it was so but sometimes the tooltips can be a bit misleading in this game :) thx!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I noticed this too when scrolling over but this icon is constant even when I did not achieve the needed 3at75+ requirement.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    What we need is for a number to indicate how many stacks are active 0-4.

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    What we need is for a number to indicate how many stacks are active 0-4.

If it did that, I would prefer it be made self-view only. Don't need all my enemies seeing how juiced out my ship is/isn't. ;)
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :o

I honestly did not know about this synergy bonus, so I have some questions about this that may be silly. Is this synergy bonus for everyone that meets those power level requirements? Does it require any specific gear or ship to get it?

My power levels in a normal space zone (not sector space) are as follows: Weapon=125, Shield=99, Engines=40, Auxiliary=76.

With these power levels, do I get anything from this?
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I honestly did not know about this synergy bonus, so I have some questions about this that may be silly. Is this synergy bonus for everyone that meets those power level requirements? Does it require any specific gear or ship to get it?

My power levels in a normal space zone (not sector space) are as follows: Weapon=125, Shield=99, Engines=40, Auxiliary=76.

Comes from anything that has [AMP] Like certain warpcores
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014

You'll get [Amp] to proc 3 times, for 3x 3.3% extra dmg.

Mind you, though, just sitting in space is a poor way to test this, as it's your actual power levels that determine the bonuses. Pop that EPS Power Transfer III, for instance, and all your levels rise sky-high. Same for when Plasmonic Leech does its work. Or the effects of EPS Manifold Efficiency. Or a battery, etc.

Preferably, you'll set max power to the subsystem you need the most (125 to weps, mostly), but not leave any system so low as to not hit 75 when in combat. For me, my Engine power is rather low, but not so low that the Leech won't get it to 75. Otherwise you incur a 3.3% 'penalty' for doing so.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This is good advice, however if you want 4 AMP for 4 x 3.3% dmg Alpha Strike, then set your levels to weapons 25, the rest above 75, then just before you Alpha hit weapon battery, this gives max weapon power plus bonus dmg...

Hmm, wouldn't that kill your weapons overcapping?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The people running A2B builds won't care because A2B is just completely stupidly overpowered, but, using a more classic dragon style build for your cruiser along with EPS Manifold Efficiency means you have no trouble at all maintaining 75% in all areas. No hijinx reqired.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Marion is your friend :)

He sure is.

But I was talking about popping a battery, from a weapons power starting level of 25, so as to get it to 100, as you suggested. Hence my question "Wouldn't that kill your weapons overcapping?"

And Marion, whilst a swell guy, can't help with that: he only mitigates drain (with DEM).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's for alpha strikes though, Marion with DEM and a weapons battery means you can alpha for 8s as if you were some supper bosted FAW DEM h4x0rZ A2B crewser!!1

Ok joking aside, he's talking an alpha strike, if you don't kill the target in 1-2 seconds you've failed. Marion will stop a beam overload draining and will ensure most energy weapons are firing at full or close to full power. Also weapons overcapping only kicks in after firing weapons not before so it won't really matter.

Do you not notice your damage go up a lot when using nadeon inversion? Same principle but better because lulz, engineers must have second rate abilities :(

• Options
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    TAlso weapons overcapping only kicks in after firing weapons not before so it won't really matter.

After the firing cycle ends, the 'reserved' power is being deducted from overcap buffer first, right? So yeah, that's probably not gonna mean all that much for an alpha-strike build.

P.S. Can you tell I don't PVP?! The Borg generally aren't all that impressed with one-shot alpha strike attempts. Unless they do them themselves, of course. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    darinjaneczkodarinjaneczko Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After manipulating my shield and auxiliary power levels on my T'Varo torp boat, I managed to get +6.6% damage. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss as to how to boost the power on my ship to achieve at least one more bonus.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You'll get [Amp] to proc 3 times, for 3x 3.3% extra dmg.

Mind you, though, just sitting in space is a poor way to test this, as it's your actual power levels that determine the bonuses. Pop that EPS Power Transfer III, for instance, and all your levels rise sky-high. Same for when Plasmonic Leech does its work. Or the effects of EPS Manifold Efficiency. Or a battery, etc.

Preferably, you'll set max power to the subsystem you need the most (125 to weps, mostly), but not leave any system so low as to not hit 75 when in combat. For me, my Engine power is rather low, but not so low that the Leech won't get it to 75. Otherwise you incur a 3.3% 'penalty' for doing so.

You incur a penalty? I thought AMP cores bonuses were only additions and any system that did not go over was a lost opportunity for +3.3% damage.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After manipulating my shield and auxiliary power levels on my T'Varo torp boat, I managed to get +6.6% damage. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss as to how to boost the power on my ship to achieve at least one more bonus.

Energy Siphon always helps me.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You incur a penalty? I thought AMP cores bonuses were only additions and any system that did not go over was a lost opportunity for +3.3% damage.

As did I. As well I thought the bonus was only +3.3% for having three systems hit 75 or higher? To read this thread, it sounds like +3.3% for each power st 75 or higher.
    Is that correct?

R.I.P
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My understanding was that it is for each system that hits that threshold. And you don't get penalized; I think it's misleading to refer to it as a penalty. It's more leaving figurative money on the table. If I can get all four subsystems there without going through any excessive contortions, rock on, but I consider getting 3 stacks of that perfectly cromulent.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After the firing cycle ends, the 'reserved' power is being deducted from overcap buffer first, right? So yeah, that's probably not gonna mean all that much for an alpha-strike build.
    Actually, as far as I can tell, it's deducted from the actual power first, with the overcap filling in as quickly as it can.
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    As did I. As well I thought the bonus was only +3.3% for having three systems hit 75 or higher? To read this thread, it sounds like +3.3% for each power st 75 or higher.
    Is that correct?
    It's an extra +3.3% damage for each and every system that hits 75 power, according to the modifier's description.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the clarification.

R.I.P