test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth BOffs in the Rep Store?

staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Reputation System
I noticed something a bit odd between the first two alts I've got T5 Dyson Rep on.

My KDF eng recieved Nelen Exil as a candidate and left it in the candidate roster (as it does not fit the ship's theme). On his Dyson Rep store, there is now a tab for "Voth Bridge Officers" which appears to allow the purchase of a Voth science Boff for 600 EC. However the option is non-functional.

On my KDF Sci (a Gorn), I commissioned Nelen, figuring that he fit reasonably well into what is otherwise an all-Gorn crew with a handful of Voth DOffs. I was slightly nonplussed to find that you could not rename Nelen, but also noticed that the Bridge Officers tab was not present in the rep store. I did not see whether it was present before I commissioned Nelen.

So my question is... what happens if I dismiss the Voth Boff? Does the rep store give the option to repurchase, and if so is the character identical to the one you initially get?

I am a little reluctant to dismiss a potentially unique BOff - even if I have no intention of using him - just to test the theory :). Has anyone tried it?
Post edited by staq16 on

Comments

• fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would also like to know the answer to this...
  • ncc97942ncc97942 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can Nelen Exil be used to train another BOff, out of curiosity?
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    staq16 wrote: »
    I noticed something a bit odd between the first two alts I've got T5 Dyson Rep on.

My KDF eng recieved Nelen Exil as a candidate and left it in the candidate roster (as it does not fit the ship's theme). On his Dyson Rep store, there is now a tab for "Voth Bridge Officers" which appears to allow the purchase of a Voth science Boff for 600 EC. However the option is non-functional.

On my KDF Sci (a Gorn), I commissioned Nelen, figuring that he fit reasonably well into what is otherwise an all-Gorn crew with a handful of Voth DOffs. I was slightly nonplussed to find that you could not rename Nelen, but also noticed that the Bridge Officers tab was not present in the rep store. I did not see whether it was present before I commissioned Nelen.

So my question is... what happens if I dismiss the Voth Boff? Does the rep store give the option to repurchase, and if so is the character identical to the one you initially get?

I am a little reluctant to dismiss a potentially unique BOff - even if I have no intention of using him - just to test the theory :). Has anyone tried it?

I dismissed nelen exil. At first, the voth science officer did not show up in my rep store window. Then, later, it did. However it is greyed out, and when I attempt to buy it, it says 'requirements not met'. So my Klingon has lost her voth science officer and can't get him back. I'm extremely upset. :(
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You might have to do the mission again. With the old BOffs, we could use them to train other BOffs, then repeat the mission and get them back. I'm not sure if it still works that way. My guess would be not, though :(
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Requirements not met"

But what are the requirements?
  • v12qboronyv12qborony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    You might have to do the mission again. With the old BOffs, we could use them to train other BOffs, then repeat the mission and get them back. I'm not sure if it still works that way. My guess would be not, though :(

I pressed through the options too quickly when Nelen was offered as a Boff and I had the full ammount already. I selected Not Now, but he didnt show up as a Candidate and I cant buy him through reputation. How can I get him?
  • wetoddtedwetoddted Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I noticed that it said you could buy a Voth science boff, but it was greyed out. But I retrained one of Nexil's skills and now the tab where the voth science boff was for sale at is completely gone. Wonder if deleting Nexil will bring the tab back and allow me to buy the boff. I wanted to use him to try to retrain another boff. I also thought about re-doing the mission, but we get that boff from Dyson tier 5 completion so I guess we cant do that. Be really cool if someone associated with the game could clear this up for me.