test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pushing buttons...

dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Controls and User Interface
Very often when I click something, especially in the tray, it's quite unresponsive. I'll have to click on it and keep the mouse button down for a second to get a response, or it might not even activate and I'll have to click a second time. Also, when reviving someone with a tricorder, the first time, nothing happens and I'll have to do it a second time. Not sure if those are related though.

Is this just lag or part of the game's mechanics? I have a fast computer and fast internet connection by the way, so I can't imagine it being something on my side. Does anyone else have this problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do have this from time to time in both ground and space combat and know exactly what you are talking about with the reviving. It's irritating. It's been that way for as long as I remember.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Me too. It isn't lag -- I just have to hit the trigger 3 or 4 times. This is the worst when I'm doing ground battles and it takes forever for my char to start shooting. It isn't really a game breaker since there isn't a real death penalty. It's just annoying as hell.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've died so many times in scenarios I'd rather not have because of this on a MW or other heal. Glad to know it's not just me.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its been like this for a good while. Most noticed when I hit a shield or hypo to prevent me from dying. Either with the ship or ground. I died a few times on the ground cause of this. Where I have to hit it like 2-3 times. Sometimes it still counts I used it and was dead anyways.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not just in combat. I go to set my squad and the arrow just. won't. work.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Definitely an issue for me. One example (out of MANY more) is in a battle when the loot option pops up I have to hit the "F" key two or three times before it accepts the input. Sometimes I will hit "F" 3 or 4 times in succession. Sometimes that brings up the loot choices. Other times it accepts the input after the 2nd one which means #3 and #4 bring up some other option screen I didn't want. Have died that way. It's very annoying and I only experience in PWE/Cryptic games (STO, Neverwinter and Champions).
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I normally use my keypad instead of clicking and it's the same thing. I thought maybe it was some timing issue or even lag on my end, but after reading this...
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic games have always had UI lag, even back in beta-CO days. One day, I shall measure how many times I can hammer 'F' between when the "loot item" prompt pops up and the item actually gets looted. it's probably more than half a dozen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    havaoshavaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I remember in the weeks of beta thinking it would be fixed by release, and now...
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep. Has died quiet a few times due to this, particularily on ground.
    Hitting shield or regen, or at least I believe I do, just to find myself standing there looking at the xeno continuously shooting at me, killing me.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah, ok. Not just me then.

And yeah, can't remember the last time I only pressed "F" only once. At least not in battle.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well...this isn't a bug. It's purposeful.

Abilities have activation timers. Most are quite small, usually a half-second or so, but if you are rapidly hitting many abilities, some may not activate, or take longer to work.

I know it sucks, but that is why.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »

Abilities have activation timers. Most are quite small, usually a half-second or so, but if you are rapidly hitting many abilities, some may not activate, or take longer to work.

That would be a reasonable reason, if hotkeys and macro's didnt bypass this. Spacebar hotkeys are known to activate all powers attached to it. And thats not fair to people who want the challenge of remembering where they put something and what to hit.

Im just saying i have died countless times due to a power registering too late. Often times that power goes into CD right after i die. Thats baloney.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Regular basis. I don't do ground missions outside of the story, but I have run into problems where I'll go to revive one of my away team, and my character does the whole revive animation, but nothing happens. I have to do it 3 or 4 times to get a response. And yes, I have the same issue with some space abilities that you've all been having. On top of this, has anyone else had an issue where you activate multiple abilities at once, and they all highlight, but one or 2 don't actually activate? Its like the game is waiting for a response from one ability and it times out. So it has to be hit again, and you have to wait for it to actually go into cooldown.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »

This also happens when you try to only activate one skill. I have stepped back out of combat to try to pop some heals (both in ground and space), not hitting any other buttons, and it still happens. I hit a heal, it gets grayed over like it is going to activate, but never does. I then have to hit it again, and some times more. I found it better to just spam the button till it works. Been this way since I started playing in July, 2013.

About what you are talking about, there is truth to that. I am not implying that you are completely wrong. There is a bug with some skills activating like they should sometimes. However, if you adapt your play style slightly, you can compensate for it.

That is why I juggle enemies between myself, and others sometimes. It gives a chance to try to heal with the bug causing delays.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!