test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server probs?

antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
Whats going on with the Damn Server?Many have freaking Lgs and Disconnects from Server.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    All looks good from what we can control, but a few players in Germany just mentioned they encountered a latency spike -- it's possible a regional ISP provider is having an issue. You can run these tests here to see where the issue lies in the route to our server: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • infayedreaminfayedream Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thats right, here in germany more and more people getting mad! but the regions are so different from north to south - know what i mean....and different providers....so there can be sthg wrong with the servers. maybe you are hosting a gremlin??:D
    my provider works fine at the moment....
    regards
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thats right, here in germany more and more people getting mad! but the regions are so different from north to south - know what i mean....and different providers....so there can be sthg wrong with the servers. maybe you are hosting a gremlin??:D
    my provider works fine at the moment....
    regards

As the meme goes, the internet is a series of tubes. Your ISP has control over the tubes at your end, and Cryptic is in contact with those who are in control at theirs. There's a whole mess of providers and servers in the middle, and the problems are usually from one of those not playing nice.
  • nveknvek Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It`s not just in Germany! I live in The western USA, and The lag and server issues are really bad here too Game is unplayable right now!:mad:
  • romeowoodromeowood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While I sympathize with the problem of a decentralized system with no clear hierarchy presenting challenges, I call bull**** on it being a problem without a fix. Why do I only experience the constant SNR/DC problems with STO/PWE, and not Netflix, Steam, HBO, MLB, or any of the other streaming content I access? Sorry, this just doesn't fly with my objective reality.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    romeowood wrote: »
    .... Why do I only experience the constant SNR/DC problems with STO/PWE, and not Netflix, Steam, HBO, MLB, or any of the other streaming content I access? ....

Its because by Internet routing rules, streaming media connections have priority for bandwidth over conventional connections such as STO...