test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beams: How many actually fire at one time ?

duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
Given: Ship loadout is all beams, 8 beams to keep it simple, 4 aft 4 rear

Q: How many beams fire at any one time? Lets address a broadside.

This question was answered for me on these forums when the game first started years back, the answer given was 4 ( regardless of how many are within arc ). No more than 4 beams fire at any one time. Is this true of false? Is there a good guide that proofs this ?

I don't have the ability to record my screen during any test and then play that back in slow motion. Secondly the graphical display may not indicate what the game mechanics is actually doing. Thus the reason for such a noob question.

Thank you in advance for your response's.

/duke
Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
@duketbar (Fleet Officer)
Tides of War Website
Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
Post edited by duketbar on

Comments

• duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    edalgo wrote: »
    If in a broadside to your target all 8 beams will fire. This will put a massive drain on your weapons power level so it is important to make a build that will add to weapons power levels such as EPTW, Aux2batt (optional), weapon proficiency, Plasmonic leech, skill points, etc.

If you don't counter act this drain then you should only use 6 beams as the added power drain will reduce your dps with more beams.

Thank you for the attention to my question edalgo.

I understand all 8 beams will fire.

My question is.. how many will fire at any one time?

Is the answer 4 or all 8.
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With a full beam broadside, eventually, all 8 will be firing at the target. Its just that all 8 will not start firing at the same time... This results in weapons firing later in the sequence having lower weapon power levels due to the drain from previous weapons in the cycle, resulting in lower damage

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_Weapon#Broadside
  • duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With a full beam broadside, eventually, all 8 will be firing at the target. Its just that all 8 will not start firing at the same time... This results in weapons firing later in the sequence having lower weapon power levels due to the drain from previous weapons in the cycle, resulting in lower damage

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_Weapon#Broadside

Thank you grouchyotaku and all you have responded for my plea for info :)

I have been enlightened and will study further the links provided.

Salute!
    /Duke
    Tides of War Website