test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding the Odyssey and Bortsaqu uniforms

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
So i've done a search and turned up nothing, so here's my question;

Can Feds buy the Bortasqu uniform? And can Klinks buy the Odyssey uniform?

Sounds like an odd question, but consider that you can get your Diplomacy/Marauding boff that uses the opposite faction's customisation options - or at least it should in the case of the Marauding boff.

So yeah, does anyone know if the Diplomacy Boff can use the Bortasqu uniform, or am I just barking up the wrong tree?
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
Post edited by johngazman on

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No. You can't get a uniform of the opposite faction. The only way to get those uniforms is to be in a fleet with access to them and you can't join a KDF fleet with a fed character and vice versa.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While we're on the subject of these uniforms, they need to give the full versions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    While we're on the subject of these uniforms, they need to give the full versions.

Agreed on that. I want my full uniforms.

Also, the marauding boff can't be customized.

With so many dead horses lying around here, I'm surprised PETA hasn't shut us down yet.

To be more clear to the OP, like I said, you can't get a uniform of the opposite faction, not even for your bridge officers, since you have to actually purchase it. These uniforms have to be purchased at a starbase that has them unlocked and you have to join the fleet in order to be able to purchase them.

The good news is your diplomacy boffs can use the KDF veteran outfit options (shoulderpads, gauntlets, drapes, etc.) if you have them from being a veteran or purchased a lifetime subscription. Of course with the marauding boff not being customizable, and Cryptic is hell bent on not allowing anyone but the Feds to wear fed uniforms (not fed boffs from marauding reward), the KDF are left in the cold of Rura Penthe.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agreed on that. I want my full uniforms.

Also, the marauding boff can't be customized.

With so many dead horses lying around here, I'm surprised PETA hasn't shut us down yet.

To be more clear to the OP, like I said, you can't get a uniform of the opposite faction, not even for your bridge officers, since you have to actually purchase it. These uniforms have to be purchased at a starbase that has them unlocked and you have to join the fleet in order to be able to purchase them.

The good news is your diplomacy boffs can use the KDF veteran outfit options (shoulderpads, gauntlets, drapes, etc.) if you have them from being a veteran or purchased a lifetime subscription. Of course with the marauding boff not being customizable, and Cryptic is hell bent on not allowing anyone but the Feds to wear fed uniforms (not fed boffs from marauding reward), the KDF are left in the cold of Rura Penthe.

KDF diplomacy boffs can also use the Academy Uniform.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    KDF diplomacy boffs can also use the Academy Uniform.

Theoretically they could use every KDF C-Store uniform (and they can use multi-faction lobi outfits like the Voth uniform or the Temporal Jumpsuit), unfortunately Academy is the only one.

But either way, I don't want more KDF options on my diplomacy boff, I want to put her into a Starfleet uniform. And if I ever hit T4 in marauding I want my officer to wear either KDF or a mercenary outfit.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Theoretically they could use every KDF C-Store uniform (and they can use multi-faction lobi outfits like the Voth uniform or the Temporal Jumpsuit), unfortunately Academy is the only one.

But either way, I don't want more KDF options on my diplomacy boff, I want to put her into a Starfleet uniform. And if I ever hit T4 in marauding I want my officer to wear either KDF or a mercenary outfit.

I would too. Believe me. :(
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not to derail the thread, but a related question, can a Fed aligned Romulan buy and use the Odyssey uniform?

I have a level 50 alt in my fleet and don't want to throw dil and Fleet Creds away. :confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only way to get those uniforms is to be in a fleet with access to them and you can't join a KDF fleet with a fed character and vice versa.

Or to be invited to a Starbase of a fleet that has access to it ;) I bought my Bortasqu uniform last night like that, without leaving my current KDF fleet.

That's really what I was suggesting - is it possible to invite a Fed to a KDF starbase and purchase it that way? I've never tried it myself, though I assume the lack of information on such a subject suggests it's not possible.

Not to derail the thread, but a related question, can a Fed aligned Romulan buy and use the Odyssey uniform?

I have a level 50 alt in my fleet and don't want to throw dil and Fleet Creds away. :confused:

You can, but only Starfleet boffs can use it.

Also yes, I am aware the Marauding boff can't be customised. This needs to be rectified most ricky-tick.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks John! :)
    Are we there yet?