test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dps: Channels (pve Records)

Comments

• xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    agresiel2 wrote: »
    there seems to be no difference between the fleet weapons and fleet AP weapons regaurding critD you havent modifyed the +20%

Just select i.e. Phaser as Damage Type then you'll see the difference in lines G105-G112. There is obviously no difference when selecting Antiproton.

While checking that I fixed a bug that let AP profit from set and threat scaling console bonuses for other damage types. :rolleyes:
  • annubis114annubis114 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Curious as too what my build can do I average 1k - 4k dmg best is 39k (rare though)
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    annubis114 wrote: »
    Curious as too what my build can do I average 1k - 4k dmg best is 39k (rare though)

That makes no sense.

1-4K is barely even trying. Average pugs with newbies do better than that. On the other hand, I don't know of anybody that's ever hit 39K dps.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    leaderboard has few people listed over 39k, the highest being 50k dps, just pointing out :p
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited January 2014
    I only found out about that leaderboard button last night. :D
    edited January 2014
    Okay what gives? I ran a really good ISE on my fed tac and got over 13k DPS and saved the log. This was in version 1.1.3.0 using the "DPS" check in the options. I heard about the new features and went to get 1.2.0.0 and reloade the SAME LOG, checked the DPS option, and it says a little over 11k DPS. The log sure didn't change.

What, exactly, are they doing with regards to the damage calculations? Because, 2000 dps is a MASSIVE variation just so they can monkey with the settings.
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You probably had it set to active combat time instead of total encounter time.
    edited January 2014
    I had it set to DPS channel before, so they apparently made a decision to change how they added things up. I can only assume to make it harder to get into the channel?
  • omegashokeromegashoker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can only assume to make it harder to get into the channel?

I made a few (little) changes but only to make the results more accurate. A difference of 2k DPS should not appear.
    Could you give me a link to your log file? Then I will check where your difference comes from.
    edited January 2014
    I still have it saved. I can't get to it for another 9-10 hours because it is on a different computer. I will post it later tonight if I can remember.
    edited January 2014
    Hrm.... It's every log I ever saved, on every toon. Definitely something is different. Everything is at least 2000 DPS lower.

Here is the one that read as 13K just before I updated the software to 1.2.0.0:

right click and Save As... (200 kb .zip)

And after updating it comes out as:

CombatLogReader?Infected Space[4:50]? Damage (DPS) | ?Nissa 3,103,282 (11,122) | Debora 2,949,300 (10,312) | Ma'rogh 2,428,676 (9,305) | Abe 2,147,865 (7,867) | Dejar 1,731,163 (6,204) |

I had another toon that regularly breaks 11K and he's barely showing 9K now. I had a 9K sci (not too bad, considering the low-end build) that was pretty consistent now getting 6.8-7k, according to the new version. It's very odd.

Can you break down exactly what settings, item by item, you are using for your criteria?

EDIT: The BBS doesn't like the pasted data from combatlogreader and has added ? in there, but you can tell what it says.
  • valill1valill1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have created a web interface to the DPS league table:

STO DPS League

It just shows the DPS rankings right now, but it has a search box to make it easier to find a player - for example, to verify them for channel invites.
  • tggrinctggrinc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ....I'm new to parsing. I just started this week and I've only run two dozen or so runs with the parser running.

1) I was using ACT with Arias plug-in (sto.cs). I compared some of my current log in the parser you noted. My DPS was higher in your parser.

.....Is that because the default setting in the combat log reader is set to avg DPS only when putting out damage and the ACT is computing DPS over the entire event?

2) In previous log readings I have received credit for damage done by weapons that I'm not using.
    Example: I got credit for photon torpedo damage but I have no torpedoes. And I've received credit for turret damage when I have no turrets.

.....Am I doing something wrong, is it the way STO writes the log, or is it the parser?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tggrinc wrote: »
    2) In previous log readings I have received credit for damage done by weapons that I'm not using.
    Example: I got credit for photon torpedo damage but I have no torpedoes. And I've received credit for turret damage when I have no turrets.

.....Am I doing something wrong, is it the way STO writes the log, or is it the parser?
    damage dealt by any entity created by you (such as hangar pets or consumable turret deployables) counts as your damage
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited January 2014
    ...I didn't have either available or running at the time. I was running an all beam ghrett.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    those were just basic examples; ANYTHING created by you that deals damage will show it as yours...and the fact it was a photon torpedo you said you got credit for immediately draws my mind to the scorpion deployables from The Vault, because i know those fire photons
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited January 2014
    Didn't mean to be short in my reply, I appreciate the input. I'm going to try some more runs using the recommended parser and see what I get.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a little too antisocial for a chat channel just yet, but i AM very interested in improving my DPS output, are there any guides that you could point me too as a starting point? I still haven't even tried the parser yet (to show how lazy i am). Where would be a good idea to find a base dps to compare my own to?
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    valill1 wrote: »

STO DPS League

It just shows the DPS rankings right now, but it has a search box to make it easier to find a player - for example, to verify them for channel invites.

Thanks for sharing. I'd be happy to see the results for CSE and HSE and the fastest rounds, too.
    edited January 2014
    Nevermind I found it...
  • omegashokeromegashoker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hrm.... It's every log I ever saved, on every toon. Definitely something is different. Everything is at least 2000 DPS lower.

Here is the one that read as 13K just before I updated the software to 1.2.0.0:

right click and Save As... (200 kb .zip)

i checked that on both versions (i have no 1133, but the 1130 should give the same results)

Here the results of both versions for your log file. (left the current one ... you can see the version numbers)
    Default-Settings: http://imgur.com/7DdcrsN
    DPS-Channel-Settings: http://imgur.com/gAvGRZF
    (the 1.1.3.0 did not have the DPS-Channel-button, so i used this: http://imgur.com/NPzMTb4 ... this was the recommendation of the dps channel admins before I implemented the "use DPS-Channel settings" button

Nothing changed for the default settings (both say 13k DPS)
    The new DPS-Channel settings give you even a higher DPS than before (11k instead of 10k) because they do not punish you for your heal at the end.

So the most probably explanation is that your settings in the 1.1.3.3 version did not have been the DPS-Channel settings but the default settings (maybe it was not saved correctly, i don't know)
    1) I was using ACT with Arias plug-in (sto.cs). I compared some of my current log in the parser you noted. My DPS was higher in your parser.

.....Is that because the default setting in the combat log reader is set to avg DPS only when putting out damage and the ACT is computing DPS over the entire event?

the combat log reader has different options to calculate the DPS. The default setting only counts the time you putting out damage. Thats' right. On other settings you should come closer to the ACT results.
    Where would be a good idea to find a base dps to compare my own to?

the combat log reader has a DPS-League ... of course that are only the best runs of that people, but uploading some of your runs and watching your ranking in the tables should give you a good impression of your progress.

STO DPS League

it says "not found" for me?
  • valill1valill1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it says "not found" for me?

Gah. Plunker sucks as hosting. Here, this should work:

http://comatoes.github.io/sto-dps-league/
  • evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wouldn mind access to the public channel. my dps is sorta TRIBBLE atm cause no cool kid spire consoles but that being said i can do 7k when i not being a moron or going over 200 impulse the whole fight
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
    edited January 2014
    @omegashoker: well..... TRIBBLE! :(
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    evilbsg62 wrote: »
    wouldn mind access to the public channel. my dps is sorta TRIBBLE atm cause no cool kid spire consoles but that being said i can do 7k when i not being a moron or going over 200 impulse the whole fight

DPS-Public is... well, public. If you want to join it's up to you.
    edited January 2014
    the combat log reader has different options to calculate the DPS. The default setting only counts the time you putting out damage. Thats' right. On other settings you should come closer to the ACT results.

...Got it. I tried to upload to the DPS thing in the Combat logger, but it said to "change to DPS channel settings." And my DPS returned to something closer to the ACT numbers.

.....I'm still disappointed that I haven't cracked the 10k mark yet, but oh well, it's getting better.
    edited January 2014
    Can anyone answer why this new 'parser' has changed files size 2x in recent days. And no offense, but Java is a wee bit weak for security. My corporate antivirus (which I have to trust) disables any attempt to review it.

.....If you're uncomfortable using the combat log parser or installing java, use the ACT parser. No java required and the end DPS readings are very much the same.
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Or download something like jd-gui and take a look at the source code.
  • eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Look at this thread full of turbonerds. I feel sad inside that our old mixed boat CSE record was crushed :(
  • ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Could an admin check the ISE trial result i uploaded to the dps league table pls. Husker@ashman7286. Comment is 20k Trial Run - FAC Plasma A2B. Been working for ages to get in to the 20k channel.