test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlock Art Assets

mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Honestly I do not get why so many art assets in the game are locked out in the tailor.
For instance, why don't females have access to the same shoes men does?
Or the same anatomy pieces for Aliens.

What is the reasoning about the very limited colour palettes on some factions or some items even?

Or why don't you have the same palette available for all the pieces available within a faction?
Making it impossible to colour coordinate shoes with pants or pants with tops, or tops with belts etc.

Take the spikes head attachments for KDF Aliens. They are broken and have been so for a long time.

KDF Females do not have access to the shoes the KDF men does.

I could make a very long post listing everything that should change. But I feel there is something else behind this as it never seems to get fixed. Instead it keeps getting worse.
Post edited by mattachine on

Comments

• mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I completely agree with you on all of the above and more. What is the point in restricting colours and costume pieces the way they do?

I could see it if say the federation uniforms had more narrow guidelines, but its pretty much a free for all...all of the time.

It would be nice if they would just go ahead and open the options up across the board within the factions. At the very least expand the colour palates so that tops and bottoms match.

-Seacat
  • seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Giving support to this, as always. I'd love to be able to use more off-duty stuff with uniform pieces (it really sucks that bridge officers can't use off-duty pieces, too). I also agree that KDF palettes are pointlessly limited and very dull, and that the aliens could have a lot more options in the tailor that are seemingly blocked for reasons at least unknown to me.

Let's just get rid of these pointless restrictions, or if it's not so simple, at least get an explanation as to why things are the way they are.