test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on 12/5/2013 in evening EST zone... Server not Responding Issues

plasticwidowplasticwidow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Server Not Responding/Disconnects have Increased since update patch on 12/5/2013

Ever since the patch on Thursday evening EST (12/5/2013), disconnect issues and server not responding, as well as not even able to log into STO let alone get into game...have increased dramatically among our Fleet's members. It started badly after the patch last night..and throughout today. This evening, from 5 P.M. EST to the time of this writing, 8:07 P.M. I alone have experienced 23 Server Not Responding Messages When going into or within the Winter Wonderland Event) (During Instance or Map changing have experienced 18 disconnects in Winter Wonderland Event), when I do manage to get back on....When I talk to Q to go back into Winter Wonderland, right after I talk to him... I get disconnected (so far counting 14 disconnects after "Server not responding") and approximately 18 tries to log back into STO and won't log me in, all this in a 4 hour period. I'm not including all the messages and disconnects and problems logging in prior to 5 P.M. EST. I have friends who are experiencing the same issues and they are in diferent areas and different Internet companies/connects. This issue is severe and its bad when the disconnects occur while racing, or other events, and then when do manage to get back in briefly, your progress during the session that you were disconnected in is lost. I have read other complaints about server problems, disconnects, etc. here in the Bug Forums. I have submitted a ticket in-game about this issue. Fix the problems with the connections please.
Post edited by plasticwidow on

Comments

• clawoforcoclawoforco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Had similar issues to the above ...general instability problems. This cannot be just due to just server load ...Always at the time of a major update or patch ...I also must query the base build as a lot of the same bugs appear over and over.
  • selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know the feel.

Perhaps "disconnect roulette" was an undocumented new mini game feature added with the last patch. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brothabennybrothabenny Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Everything mentioned above, same boat here. My first response to reading this was "thank goodness i'm not the only one" - but then the scale of this problem hit me - This is something which urgently needs addressed. it's obviously a serious issue, and like a previous poster has already mentioned these problems keep appearing again and again. Please please please just let us play the game. - that's not too much to ask is it?
  • strykerammostrykerammo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Server Not Responding/Disconnects have Increased since update patch on 12/5/2013

Ever since the patch on Thursday evening EST (12/5/2013), disconnect issues and server not responding, as well as not even able to log into STO let alone get into game...have increased dramatically among our Fleet's members. It started badly after the patch last night..and throughout today. This evening, from 5 P.M. EST to the time of this writing, 8:07 P.M. I alone have experienced 23 Server Not Responding Messages When going into or within the Winter Wonderland Event) (During Instance or Map changing have experienced 18 disconnects in Winter Wonderland Event), when I do manage to get back on....When I talk to Q to go back into Winter Wonderland, right after I talk to him... I get disconnected (so far counting 14 disconnects after "Server not responding") and approximately 18 tries to log back into STO and won't log me in, all this in a 4 hour period. I'm not including all the messages and disconnects and problems logging in prior to 5 P.M. EST. I have friends who are experiencing the same issues and they are in diferent areas and different Internet companies/connects. This issue is severe and its bad when the disconnects occur while racing, or other events, and then when do manage to get back in briefly, your progress during the session that you were disconnected in is lost. I have read other complaints about server problems, disconnects, etc. here in the Bug Forums. I have submitted a ticket in-game about this issue. Fix the problems with the connections please.

Agreed, server disconnects have increased since the release of the winter event. Usually between events or during winter invasion. Someone from the dev team needs to send out another stability patch. This is too much.
  • redjacredjacredjacredjac Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since the patches this week, I have been disconnected a ton, and I never had that problem before. Beaming up/down; entering a new sector of space; 80% of the time the game disconnects me. At least half of the time it then hangs when I try to log back in.
  • domvinadomvina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been having consistent and constant connectivity issues that began with the new patch. Logging in. Changing zones. Changing characters. Sometimes the game hangs completely and I have to Alt+F4 out.

It's admittedly impressive to trigger so many bugs activating an event that's been used supposedly successfully in the past.
  • quickbuckquickbuck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After patch 12/7 on first game start:
    Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long

I have internet connection, it just goes idle and dies showing the Cryptic logo.

Win 8.0,
    8GB RAM
    Nvidia GT 750 M