test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Map issues with my spotlight Keeping Up With the J'Sens

castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
Apparently, somehow in the republish, something changed with the alignments of some objects, causing them to start clipping, where before they were not. My first impulse would be to say either relative to zero got tweaked, or snap to grid, but its ruined the look of things.

If I could get control back I could fix it easy enough, but as of right now...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    castsbugc wrote: »
    Apparently, somehow in the republish, something changed with the alignments of some objects, causing them to start clipping, where before they were not. My first impulse would be to say either relative to zero got tweaked, or snap to grid, but its ruined the look of things.

I figured the new season 8 would start effing up the foundry again. It sux that
    it again appears to be affecting maps/map object placement, but I fear that the
    reason a lot of missions are still not published is for far worse reasons. Most likely
    maps destroyed again? I guess we will wait and find out when the foundry is
    turned back on, only to find out more missions are ruined, or badly damaged
    as was the case last season.

Of course they won't bother lifting a finger to fix it, or perhaps again throw a junior
    programmer on it for an hour to try and stop like last season's debacle.

I'm sorry you have issues with your mission, I guess I'd better check the few of mine that published as well, no telling what I might find.

DoR
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    castsbugc wrote: »

I played through your mission and didn't see anything seriously out of place. The worst I saw was a couple of NPCs that were too close to the objects they were working on so that they clipped into them. Other than that, there were some areas where some floor sections overlapped resulting in some flickering, which is quite common in Foundry maps and is not uncommon in our maps as it seems to creep in to older ones.

If you think there's something more serious that I missed, let me know and I'll take another look.

In any case, I liked your mission. Good story, interesting use of the Foundry's resources and not too long. I can see why it made the Spotlight list.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pretty much its objects out of alignment, I know the worst thing i found was an entire wall section has moved (exposing the ship to spaec, everyone should be dead!) but pretty much its 'cosmetic' things.

I would like to fix those though, it should just be a mater of reseting the floor bits down like 0.002, the wall section that would take a little more figuring just because it should line up with another section I just would need to see which one
  • Options
    rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cast, maybe you can post a screencap so we can see the issue?
This discussion has been closed.