test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

executing a doff...

breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
For the KDF, we can execute a doff...
How about the Fed get something similar!?

It could actually be a doff mission that says something to the effect of;

One of your officers have died, (the doff you choose for the mission of course)
It then loads a torpedo and fires it... hehe

ok, so you might have to have a spare torp for this. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by breygorn on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I support this thread.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    breygorn wrote: »
    For the KDF, we can execute a doff...
    How about the Fed get something similar!?

It could actually be a doff mission that says something to the effect of;

One of your officers have died, (the doff you choose for the mission of course)
    It then loads a torpedo and fires it... hehe

ok, so you might have to have a spare torp for this. :)

As I'm sure we're all aware, the Feds aren't well known for many executions or deaths - at least, those that are crew-created, we all know what happens to redshirts and missions... :P

On that note, how about "Transfer Dissident to Siberia". Well, Siberia might not be so fearsome in the day and age of weather control on Earth, so we'll just pick sector appropriate hinterlands...

Sirius Sector? Andoria. Alpha Cent? Tellar or Memory Alpha's library. Beta Ursae? Cardassia. Omega Leonis? Rura Penthe. Taw Dewa? Nimbus III. You get the idea... ;)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A Federation captain knowingly executing an officer is about as likely as.... a Klingon vegetarian. So executions wouldn't be feasible.

You're not suggesting we stick a live officer in a torpedo and fire them into space are you? Though the thought does make me giggle a little. Because it doesn't really make sense to choose someone to die so you can give them a funeral.

It could work as a personal doff mission which becomes available after a doff dies on another assignment. I never use commons on my main so it would never trigger for me. But if you wanted a funeral you could send a common on a high/extreme risk mission and cross your fingers they come back a corpse.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Besides the rare 'Turn over Changling Spy' assignment, originally there was a assignment where you could send unwanted Doffs back to Star Fleet Command in return for some Dilithium, but this was done away with, and the Dilithium reward was incorporated into the Doff 'Dismiss' function... which makes it a lot easier to cleanup your Doff roster...
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well... how about a Tom Paris mission where we send a DOFF to a rehabilitation facility?
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Only if they're found guilty of tresspassing on Talos IV. ;)
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's effectively what the reassignment mission at the Academy is.

Anyway, I wish my KDF captains could abort sickbay assignments, executing the failures in them.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I propose that it be called "palm off crappy officer/crewman onto some unsuspecting nearby captain". :D

That's what I suspect someone in SF would do, rather than just execute them like the klingons would.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Could just have retirement?

Not the bladerunner kind either :D

Even have varied locales eg Risa, Earth Anodoria Vulcan etc
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Besides the rare 'Turn over Changling Spy' assignment, originally there was a assignment where you could send unwanted Doffs back to Star Fleet Command in return for some Dilithium, but this was done away with, and the Dilithium reward was incorporated into the Doff 'Dismiss' function... which makes it a lot easier to cleanup your Doff roster...

Turn over Changling Spy is a very rare duty officer assignment for both major factions. It exists, but it only pops up on rare occasions.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)