test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

chat channels conflict

nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Controls and User Interface
i was browsing chat channels and ended trying different names with "trade" in it when i just simply checked if theres a global "trade" channel in sto as well like in NW

thing was there is but not for/in STO as it put me in CO's trade channel (from sto??) in a way that i am not being able to leave/hide/remove or anything as its simply not listed there as an option or the "leave" button does not remove me //note, never played or installed CO//

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2sal46x.jpg

as u can see its have a sort of mess'd up name in the chat-line area ( untranslatedblabla_trade ) as well --> i have tried leaving via the console command "/channel_leave trade" and "/channel_leave untranslatedblabla_trade" too but no effect

biggest problem is its just "spams" all my chat tabs doesnt matter if i untick each and every channels i see in the options
( resetting chat/hud settings to default doesnt solve the problem either )

and lastly
i dont know if its get fixed anytime soon but meanwhile if someone, anyone could remove me from that channel id be a very happy gorn again

ps: i have issued this problem a day ago in a support ticket //and sent a bugreport// but no reply so far so..
-maybe its speeds this up
-and may prevent someone falling in the same trap
Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
Post edited by nitefiuu on

Comments

• exafaradexafarad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having exactly the same problem. I can't get rid of trade from my normal chat tab. It's very annoying.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ok we managed to work out a solution with the support team that is rather simple but works:

install CO and you can leave the channel from that game for good
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • exafaradexafarad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That worked for me, thanks.
  • sindreksindrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What's CO????
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sindrek wrote: »
    What's CO????

Champions Online, Cryptic's oft-forgot superhero MMO based on the IP from the long-running RPG.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This just happened to me too. It's ridiculous that we have to download an entire other game just to leave this channel!
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • nemejonennemejonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Update: :eek: Craptic didn't solve this problem at all. I got stuck in that damn channel just yesterday!
    Look how old this thread is...! Damn what do we pay our money for in STO, if we always get such completly unnecessary useless bugs!

It's so annoying to see that there is just no real good support and programming/debugging team. Such bugs should be solved in 1-2days, not more, but 1 year omg!
    Even it is just a problem for a couple of players, it is a immense Cross-Game problem and it should be fixed! No excuses!
    1. Erase such channels from Champions Online completly!
    2. Close Crossgame chats at all! 99% of the players don't use it and don't need it.

STO is bugged enough, stop doing things that no one needs and get the game conent fixed. Thats really just an annoying experience, such completly unnecessary bugs all the time. :mad:
  • fixthebugfixthebug Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    its still TRIBBLE there WHY THE TRIBBLE HELL ISNT THIS FIXED
    asdfdsasdaadsdsdas
    JUST GONNA BLOCKEVERYFUCKINGFAGONTHERE
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    fixthebug wrote: »
    JUST GONNA BLOCKEVERYFUCKINGFAGONTHERE

I tried that once
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator