test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An All Borg away team?

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
I've looked, to see if this question was asked, so apologies if my searching skills failed. Anyways - Some people mentioned they have all Borg away teams. So, I am wondering how do you achieve that? With my recent making of Lib Borg character, I thought it'd be a nice touch to have all Borg away team myself. But, if I count right -

There's Borg Engi Boff from the C-Store. Got that one.
There's Borg Sci Officer obtainable through Khitomer ground Accolade (gonna have him soon)
There's Romulan Borg Sci-officer in Lobi store.

But that's about what I can find; plus there's no Tac BOFF, and I kinda like to keep one on my away team. So how do you guys go about making all Borg away teams? <.< >.>
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Romulans players have a Reman Liberated Borg Tactical Bridge Officer.

I don't know if it still works but you can change the Reman Borg into a Human by switching the heads at the tailor.
    But you can't buy him as Fed

Jodarkrider: But aren't your 2 away team Boffs Lib Borgs? I saw one having the eye implant and one having Seven's implant, over at the costume thread.
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you've purchased the 7 of 9 costume, you can put Seven's cybernetics on almost any Fed species to Borgify them.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if it still works but you can change the Reman Borg into a Human by switching the heads at the tailor.
    But you can't buy him as Fed

Jodarkrider: But aren't your 2 away team Boffs Lib Borgs? I saw one having the eye implant and one having Seven's implant, over at the costume thread.
    One is Lib Borg, yes, from C-store. The other one I 'fake' (a Tac officer) by getting Alien, giving her 'Infected' face complexion and Seven's costume implant. I'll have third Libbie, the Science Zombie officer, once I get myself to do the STF ground Accolade (everyone hates ground, but I sooo love kicking stuff :P), but it seems, as Fed, I can't get a 'real' Lib Borg Tac BOFF <.< >.>

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You could get a tac android and use that instead.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Romulans get get a 'genuine' borg away team

Romulan Sci Lobi store

Reman Tac C Store

Human Sci KAG Accolade

Human/Klingon Engie C Store

I am personally rocking an all borg crew here, and it really is nice too see, aside from one thing. The Lobi boff cannot wear the standard borg outfit, so if you want that look, she'll throw it off. Second, the Accolade boff cannot wear anything but he has on.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You could get a tac android and use that instead.
    the android is an Engineer. the special tactical boff you may be thinking of is a hologram and can't be edited.

the choices are:

TAC

"Borg-ified" female Fed alien wearing 7 of 9 gear
    or
    the Reman liberated bridge officer (which requires you to be of the Romulan faction)

ENG

or
    the (original) Fed/KDF liberated bridge officer

SCI

or
    the Romulan liberated bridge officer from the Lobi store (which requires you to be of the Romulan faction)
    or
    the Borg Science Bridge Officer from the "assimilated" accolade in Khitomer.

basically the only way you can run a "legit" all Borg crew is to (be able to) roll a Liberated Borg Romulan...probably Fed...unless you like your female Borg with a Cornish Pasty stuck on their head and are ok with not having the 7 of 9 stuff...and you'd have to roll with 1 tac, 1 eng and 2 sci :s
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the android is an Engineer. the special tactical boff you may be thinking of is a hologram and can't be edited.

the choices are:

TAC

or
    the Reman liberated bridge officer (which requires you to be of the Romulan faction)

ENG

or
    the Fed/KDF liberated bridge officer

SCI

or
    the Romulan liberated bridge officer from the Lobi store (which requires you to be of the Romulan faction)
    or
    the Borg Science Bridge Officer from the "assimilated" accolade in Khitomer.

basically the only way you can run a "legit" all Borg crew is to (be able to) roll a Liberated Borg Romulan...probably Fed...unless you like your female Borg with a Cornish Pasty stuck on their head and are ok with not having the 7 of 9 stuff...and you'd have to roll with 1 tac, 1 eng and 2 sci :s

Actually the Android can be Eng, Sci or Tac, you just choose the career you want :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hmmm.

i guess so...apparently...if you're a 700+ day vet...but then you need a lifetime sub to roll a liberated borg anyway...
    edited November 2013
    So it's really as I thought, as Federation character, we can't get a Tac Lib Borg at all... tbh, I don't see why not, if they put him (yes, would prefer a male for a change, too many female BOFF's.. :P) on the C-store, people would get it. Means more $$ for Cryptic and satisfied customers... <,<

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anyways though, the look of the androids can be relatively easily customized to resemble Borg. and they have a cool passive.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited November 2013
    anyways though, the look of the androids can be relatively easily customized to resemble Borg. and they have a cool passive.
    Yeah, I've got Android tac. :)
    Anyways, thanks for confirming on the subject, guys. :)

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    oracion666 wrote: »
    Romulans get get a 'genuine' borg away team

Romulan Sci Lobi store

Reman Tac C Store

Human Sci KAG Accolade

Human/Klingon Engie C Store

I am personally rocking an all borg crew here, and it really is nice too see, aside from one thing. The Lobi boff cannot wear the standard borg outfit, so if you want that look, she'll throw it off. Second, the Accolade boff cannot wear anything but he has on.

hehe thats pretty cool, a few days ago i was toying with the idea of making an all borg or mostly borg away team. Do any of you guys use the borg prosthetic arm weaponry from omega? i haven't been able to get any stats or pics of it.

Would be kinda fun to play in true borg fashion and have your away team slow-walking in combat. Sucks that the boffs are a bit twitchy when it comes to their walk.
  • vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stonewbie wrote: »
    hehe thats pretty cool, a few days ago i was toying with the idea of making an all borg or mostly borg away team. Do any of you guys use the borg prosthetic arm weaponry from omega? i haven't been able to get any stats or pics of it.

Would be kinda fun to play in true borg fashion and have your away team slow-walking in combat. Sucks that the boffs are a bit twitchy when it comes to their walk.

I customised most of my crew into Borg if they wernt already on my main (playing my own hugh-like Co-operative who broke away from the collective but are still very much borg). I will warn those who don't know and go into getting the Borg prosthetics thinking its gunna be an arm replacement, it isn't you hold it like a minigun and you don't look very borg-like doing it lol
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yah thats the main thing i was wanting to know was how you held it. I actually thought your arm went into it or rather then it getting chopped off. Kinda like how Gary Oldman was using the weapon in Fifth Element when he was demonstrating it for the aliens.