test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-store Ships to Scale Chart?

psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
94e5d3f4ced3044d259922be60520fc31385488943.jpg

I was admiring this image on the ship sale blog. It made me wonder if there are similar works showing a handful of ships at at time - to in-game scale? I don't mean the stat charts. Just the art.
(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
Post edited by psiameese on

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tacofangs has provided a couple.

Galaxy vs. Defiant

Federation cruisers, top view

Federation cruisers, side view

They might not be exactly what you're asking for, but they're the closest I've ever seen.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I appreciate the links. Thank you! I wish that I had the skill to create more myself.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just stumbled upon this archived (2011) thread by Blayyde. Who composed something helpful. Not just C-store ships. But STO ships in general and worth displaying in the Art forum.

ShipChart.jpg

KlingonShipChart.jpg
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    psiameese wrote: »
    94e5d3f4ced3044d259922be60520fc31385488943.jpg

I was admiring this image on the ship sale blog. It made me wonder if there are similar works showing a handful of ships at at time - to in-game scale? I don't mean the stat charts. Just the art.

Is it just me or does the Vesta look way too big?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That blog art is nowhere near accurate scale. The Ar'Kif is bigger than the Vesta in-game. The rest of the scale is equally bad but that is just the simple and obvious thing.