test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terrible UI lag.

keisyeakeisyea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Please do something about the terrible UI lag, just look at the fps in the top right hand corner jump from 34 to 60.

http://i.imgur.com/XsQYvE2.jpg

Cheers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by keisyea on

Comments

• brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited November 2013
    Amen, please fix this. I am tired of having to press buttons 3 or 4 times, or hold them down for a second or more, to get powers to fire. My personal favorite is when I hit alt-1 and the tray activates 1 and alt-1.

STO's UI has never been super-responsive, but it's gotten just plain ridiculous since S8 launched (it might have been the first emergency patch after, but it was very noticeable on S8 day 2 and hasn't gotten any better since.)
    LOLSTO
  • the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have noticed this im running sto at total max out graphics and the difference is 45 FPS to 120 FPS, its appauling realling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damir2511damir2511 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The framerate difference with and without the UI was huge long before season 8, but now it got to a point where my framerate drops down to 20 FPS with the UI and goes up to 100 without it. Basically, the game is almost unplayable for me, and lowering the graphics settings doesn't really help much. I have a solid computer, I run most other games with no problems on mid to high settings, but not STO :(
  • katanic123katanic123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had suffered with this problem for a while, until recently when i switched from dx9 to dx11 since then my frame rate has never been better and I no longer get the stalls that used to happen especially on CSE.

Hope this helps at least one of you guys.
    Captain Cavillian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    katanic123 wrote: »
    I had suffered with this problem for a while, until recently when i switched from dx9 to dx11 since then my frame rate has never been better and I no longer get the stalls that used to happen especially on CSE.

Hope this helps at least one of you guys.

Well, going to DX11 did stabilize the framerate a bit, but not completely. I can deal with that. The UI inputs however are still very laggy and I am still having to pay close attention to whether or not my powers are actually firing.
    LOLSTO
  • the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well changing all direct x versions failed to improve, im running a ATI 290x card, this shouldn't be the case, this is a critical issue for cryptic needing to solve this issue it affects people play.

The players arnt able to activate there rsp as quick as they like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are you sure this isn't a symptom of the intentional @#$%^& bottleneck they built in to keep you from activating too many abilities all at once? :mad:

I effing hate that.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited November 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Are you sure this isn't a symptom of the intentional @#$%^& bottleneck they built in to keep you from activating too many abilities all at once? :mad:

I effing hate that.

Pretty sure it's not. It's seems to happen whether it's the 1st power fired or the 6th.
    LOLSTO
  • damir2511damir2511 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, before Season 8 the UI was much more responsive, except in Starbase 24 and similar crowded situations. Now I have to play ST24 with my UI off if I want to be able to get 1st place :/
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    See? Important stuff like this will never be fixed. Lost so many 1vs1 pvp battles because of UI lag. (Still the best player ever tho.) :cool:
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]