test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson T3 Vanquish = Pretty cool.

lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Reputation System
I just reached Dyson T3 on my Main character (Fed Tac, Havelock Vetinari) a couple hours ago and selected the Vanquish passive for my new power. I then took to romping around the Dyson Battlezone. The power doesn't help much against the smaller enemies (they're dead too fast), but you do notice the little purple debuff flag on your larger foes (like exo-skeletons and larger dinos). It really feels like it's speeding up your target's slide to doom.

I like it.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure how well the Vanquish ability works with Pulsewave weapons...
    Between each blast the Vanquish icon/meter goes away on the target; does this potential negate its effect on a target?

If so; then vanquish only works well with beam ground weapons?

Thoughts?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm afraid I don't have any worthwhile thoughts for you.

Pulsewaves are great for Borg STFs when it's important to keep the foe from touching me, but I haven't run any of those in a while, so my Pulsewaves are in storage. The only ground I've been on recently (since getting Vanquish) is the Dyson Battlezone, and being a fan of Split Beam Weapons I run with an Elite Phaser Split Beam Rifle. It's epic!

I find that the Voth typically keep their distance, so I don't expect Pulsewaves to be the best weapon against them anyway (as Pulsewave weapons lose their punch over range).

Perhaps try a different weapon?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm afraid I don't have any worthwhile thoughts for you.

Pulsewaves are great for Borg STFs when it's important to keep the foe from touching me, but I haven't run any of those in a while, so my Pulsewaves are in storage. The only ground I've been on recently (since getting Vanquish) is the Dyson Battlezone, and being a fan of Split Beam Weapons I run with an Elite Phaser Split Beam Rifle. It's epic!

I find that the Voth typically keep their distance, so I don't expect Pulsewaves to be the best weapon against them anyway (as Pulsewave weapons lose their punch over range).

Perhaps try a different weapon?

Thanks for the suggestion. Just got the Voth Antiproton Split Beam so I will give that a shot and see how I like it!