test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to build an Obelist or Adv Obelist? And is it worth it?

encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
Was wondering if an Obelist is worth it for an Engi compared to say an odissey

Also if you have the time and could help give it a good build with

Consoles, Bridge Off skills and Doffs recomendations it would be most welcome.

Thank you

Edit: Obelisks* cant edit title =(
Post edited by encadi on

Comments

• calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Forward:
    • Romulan Torpedo Laucher
    • Borg Torpedo Launcher
    • Antiproton Beam Array
    Aft:
    • Antiproton Beam Array
    • Borg Kinetic Cutting Beam
    • Obelisk's Antiproton Array

2 x Ambiplasma consoles.
    3 x Projectile doffs.

Omega Adapted Borg Tech.
    Assimilated Borg Tech.

Torpedo High Yield I & II.

Have fun and enjoy the swarmers!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Interesting setup. Guess I'll finally break down and do some omega STF's and get the kinetic cutting beam.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hm thanks, i havent played in a while so that doesnt make much sence at all to me =p

If anyone ahs the time for a full name and little mroe newbie friendly guide it would be amazing
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    encadi wrote: »
    Hm thanks, i havent played in a while so that doesnt make much sence at all to me =p

If anyone ahs the time for a full name and little mroe newbie friendly guide it would be amazing

hee's basically saying work your omega rep up and get the borg engine/deflector and shield set long wit the borg beam, console and torp set and basically work your consoles around that. though the rom torp also needs tier 5 rep for romulan.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2013
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=advobby68498_0

Here's what my cousin uses. He has successfully tanked every Elite STF including the hive assault one (borg queen one... the name escapes me).

I'm only relatively sure about the distribution of his skill points, but I know the items on the ship and his BOff skills are accurate.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
    edited November 2013
    IS it a good ship compared to say tactical odissey build for an engi?

And thanks alot btw priest that is MUCH MUCH clear than what people posted before =)

Btw that many neutronium alloys have stacking penalties?
  • lordkasulordkasu Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't speak for the Ody, but I enjoy the Obelisk and am saving for the Adv. Obelisk.
    edited November 2013
    IS it a good ship compared to say tactical odissey build for an engi?

depends, what do you plan on using it for? tanking wise, it's pretty descent, assuming you grab aggro, the only thing the odyssey has better than the obelisk in tanking is that it can use the attract fire comm array command.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah i guess mixx of tankign with a lil bit of DPS =p

So i guess the http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=advobby68498_0 version is cool overall? =)

What do the lil swarmers do apart from dps?
    edited November 2013
    What do the lil swarmers do apart from dps?

DPS, its what they were made for. they come standard with Transphasic torps (damage bypasses shields a bit) and AP Beam weaponry with BO, if all 12 fire at the same time.... its usually they launch torps first then unleash a BO each before torps get there.... sheild facings melt, especially if your in the advanced version with the 3 piece set and EPTW active.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am actually working on a DPS Tank build for the Cruiser. I'm centering on Antiproton Beam Arrays for 3 out of the 6 slots and than the Omega Assimilated Set (Torp, Cutting Beam, Module) with Antiproton Mags in the Tac Console slots. The main Sets will be either MACO or Omega Adapted.

I would probably do the Commander Eng BOff slot up like this: EPtW1, Eng Team 2, Aux2Batt 2, DEM3 and the Lieutenant Engineering Slot would be EPtS1 and either Rotate Shields or Aux2SIF 1

Tac BOff Slot would have Beam FAW2 for sure and either Tac Team 1 if you do Sci Team 1 in the Ensign Uni or HYT1 if Tac Team 1 in the Ensign Uni. (Because your Swarmers have BO2 if you got the Advanced and intend to get the Elite Swarmers from your Spire, Beam Overload on this build is overkill...)

The Sci Slot would be a combination of Hazard Emitters, TSS, and Pol Hull for abilities.

EDIT: Also, a note on the Consoles. Eng Console Slots should have at least one good RCS to boost turn rate. The rest should be armor. Your Assimilated Module can go in Sci and focus on either boosting the Shield Points, Shield Healing, or Shield Regen. Due to the few Tac slots, they should be for Antiproton Mags only.

EDIT: The boost to damage from the Antiproton Mags tranfers over to your Swarmers. So Mark XII Antiproton Mags give a total of 60% boost to your AP damage with the set giving another 10%...that's a 70% damage output boost for your 12 Swarmers. Alternative you can go for the Breen Absolute Zero Set and boost Transphasic Damage too.

EDIT2: But the AZ Breen Set does sacrifice tanking ability for boosting the damage from Transphasics on the Swarmers.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    EDIT: The boost to damage from the Antiproton Mags tranfers over to your Swarmers. So Mark XII Antiproton Mags give a total of 60% boost to your AP damage with the set giving another 10%...that's a 70% damage output boost for your 12 Swarmers. Alternative you can go for the Breen Absolute Zero Set and boost Transphasic Damage too.

EDIT2: But the AZ Breen Set does sacrifice tanking ability for boosting the damage from Transphasics on the Swarmers.

That's odd. Usually Tac Consoles and set bonuses don't carry over to pets, anyone confirmed this with a parser? Is it just with the three-piece Obelisk bonus, or does it apply to the freebie Obelisk without the console?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    That's odd. Usually Tac Consoles and set bonuses don't carry over to pets, anyone confirmed this with a parser? Is it just with the three-piece Obelisk bonus, or does it apply to the freebie Obelisk without the console?

I'm double checking but I read in the forum somewhere that you can potentially boost the damage of your Carrier Pets by matching weapons and using the right console for that energy type...but that could of been someone spouting Targ <***> and misleading everyone.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek