test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Consumables do not equip properly in power tray

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Dear moderators/devs, this is NOT the same bug as consumables disappearing from the power tray after being used. Kindly do not merge my thread with this one over here.

Here's a riddle for you. I have a bug that only affects 2 of my 4 characters. When you swap/equip consumables by double clicking them from the inventory the second item will not occupy the same tray slot that the first one had.

Say your ship has 2 device slots, in #1 you have a Weapons Battery, in #2 you have a Subspace Field Modulator, and in your inventory you have a Red Matter Capacitor. If you double click the RMC from an open inventory menu, it will replace whatever item is in device slot #1.

Now let's say you have the Weapons Battery ability in power tray row 2 column 10. If you double click the RMC, instead of having the RMC ability appear in row 2 column 10, it appears in row 4 column 4. Do you see how this makes it impossible to change battery types in the heat of combat? (As in "oh crud forget weapons power I need a shield boost NOW but don't have EPTS.")

I have a video of this bug in action here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6OSRhkOamk

and over here I have a video showing how the behavior used to be before season 7 broke it. As I mentioned above, for some reason this correct behavior actually still works properly on 2 of my 4 characters. My best guess is that the 2 characters that have this bug are my only 2 that have changed their Ready starship since after season 7 launched. The other 2 are still using the same ships since back in the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0yPPLxsTk

Again, this was working perfectly before Season 7. I've already filed tickets about it that haven't been addressed. I should also note this affects ground equipment as well, but there is a workaround for ground where you drag the item directly from the Personal Device slots to the power tray (instead of opening up the Powers list with the P key) which can't be done in space with the Ship Device slots. In space you have to use the Powers list/menu.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    Makes you wonder if they've outsourced QA to the Ferengi.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Honestly this bug made me stop playing the game for 2 months when S7 came out. Swapping my Weapons Battery for the RMC in the middle of combat was an essential part of my combat strategy because the Weapons Battery has a cooldown of 2 minutes but the RMC's cooldown is 3 which allowed you to alternate and have a boost every 1 minute instead of waiting the full 2 or 3 minutes for either to cooldown.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sad to say... this is not a bug. The devs did this on purpose at the start of Season 7 and have refused to change it back no matter how much the community complained about it back then.

The standard line is "working as intended"
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Sad to say... this is not a bug. The devs did this on purpose at the start of Season 7 and have refused to change it back no matter how much the community complained about it back then.

The standard line is "working as intended"

I am not sure about this, if it has 'feature' status why dosnt it effect all of his characters?