test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Textures/Icons in season 8 *FIX INCOMING See post 608 page 61*

Comments

• bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited December 2013
    Let me add my voice to this thread.

Been noticing this for a week or two now.

Cryptic, please fix this, If the game becomes to unpleasant to play, I just might notice all the other entertainment venues vying for my limited fun funds.

This BUG has been occurring EVERY SINGLE DAY since the launch of Season 8 back on November 12, 2013.

IS IT EVER GOING TO BE FIXED? :mad:
  • forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nvidia 560ti here, noticed there's some ATI users in the thread too so atleast it's not limited to my card.

Ya game runs for awhile and then textures stop loading when changing to a new zone. Reloading the game returns it to normal for awhile. I was worried my video ram was flaking out before finding this thread xD

I'm not sure what triggers it I just thought I'd drop a post. S8 looks beautiful when the textures are actually loaded. Great job on the eye candy! Hopefully everyone has a good holiday. :D
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Interesting. I think you might be right about that. I had it appear for the first time on my new Rom last night, but it was on DS9. I had just wrapped up the entire Romulan story line and the Devidian arc and went to DS9 to start the Cardassian arc. I beamed down and everyone had white glowing weapons. I went and talked to Kurland and then headed to the Badlands for the Joshua Riker mission. The first space part had no issues but beaming down to the Cardie base had all the usual symptoms. After a quick relog I didn't see it again for the rest of the night.

I'll have to keep track of it and see if it appears more once I start getting into the higher traffic areas. It was a great week not seeing the missing textures though haha.

So I got my Rom to max level and started doing end game stuff in higher traffic/more populated areas. For some reason I still don't see the missing textures as often as I do on my older captains. I played for several hours last night doing ESTFs and Dyson stuff and never saw it. But as soon as I switch to another older character, 20 minutes in I see it. I really can't figure this out.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was up late last night 12-3am GMT just doing crystal cat elite, breech elite and infected elite, with fed fleet alerts between cool downs. Using the same toon, no texture corruptions at all! Then noticed my inventory was becoming full up so went to K7 the sell, bang straight away texture corruptions and missing ui items everywhere.

Today another toon started in ESD went to winter wonderland, beamed back white uniforms missing ui items, missing textures.

It seems high usage areas bring this on quicker, I hate to say this but with little to none imput from the devs, two posts by Taco and that's it, I think this bug is going to stay, put it along side the missing computer cores, uniforms on toons, etc, etc.

Sad but true.............:mad:
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • scubajerryscubajerry Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thought my vid card was going out on me. The pictures you guys are post is the same thing I'm getting. I have noticed its getting worse and worse week by week. A few weeks ago I could still play around the problem, now once it starts the game is unplayable.

From what Im reading, doesn't look like there is a fix on the way any time soon. Glad I pay by the month instead of buying the lifetime.
    edited December 2013
    Just figured I'd post a couple of pictures. I don't seem to remember this instance being like this the last time I played it. xD

Looks pretty with this angle.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img202/2047/ukrl.jpg

Change the angle a little...
    http://imageshack.com/a/img845/6237/zrdy.jpg

This one here isn't angle related though :( It just happens after awhile and I need to restart the client to get the textures back.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img15/6463/ja6i.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Weird that it would only appear on that rift at a certain angle.

Wait! That's it isn't it!? The Elachi and their weird subspace rifts are the cause of this! Some weird Elachi energy is leaking into the rest of the galaxy causing it's physical structure to break down! They know they can't defeat our ships, so they set out to defeat our gaming rigs! How evil...
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As I have also been having the same problems I'll add my specs to the list as well, hope it helps in some way as this is getting really annoying fast. Like other users I notice it happening on older toons created before season 8 than on my new toon created a couple of weeks ago.

My specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United Kingdom)
    Installed: 29/08/2012 23:09:54

2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Hyper-threaded (8 total)

Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EX58-UD3R
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. FB 05/04/2009

3328 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Slot 'A0' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'A1' is Empty
    Slot 'A2' has 4096 MB
    Slot 'A3' is Empty

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 [Display adapter]
    *** 2367 [Monitor] (23.1"vis, s/n BHLD69A000119, June 2013)
    Driver version: 314.22
    Direct3D API version: 11
    Direct3D feature level: 11_0
    CUDA Cores: 336
    Core clock: 830 MHz
    Shader clock: 1660 MHz
    Memory data rate: 4008 MHz
    Memory interface: 256-bit
    Memory bandwidth: 128.26 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory: 2431 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR5
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 1407 MB
    Video BIOS version: 70.24.18.00.01
    IRQ: 0
    Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
    Device Id: 10DE 1201 35271458
    Part Number: 1041 0050

[Components]

easyDaemonAPIU.DLL 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
    WLMerger.exe 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
    daemonu.exe 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
    ComUpdatus.exe 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
    NvUpdtr.dll 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
    NvUpdt.dll 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
    nvui.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvCplUIR.dll 6.9.850.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvCplUI.exe 7.1.740.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvWSSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Workstation Server
    nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Workstation Server
    nvViTvSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Video Server
    nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Video Server
    NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
    NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
    NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
    nvDispSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Display Server
    NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA Media Center Library
    nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Display Server
    PhysX 09.12.1031 NVIDIA PhysX
    NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA CUDA 5.0.1 driver
    nvGameSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
    nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Nuff said
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Christmas time, spending money and buying presents, my present was not a new ship or zen on something else. Bought some gold for my World of Tanks, it's not worth spending money when you can't play for more than 30 minutes before you getting the texture wipe out.

This has been brought on from season 8 launch, many people are reporting problems with it on the forums, a lot more in chat in the game who don't use the forums.

Dev fix this as this could become thin end of the wedge for a lot of players and payers......
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • gavvy87gavvy87 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been getting this for a long time, it happens anywhere between 4 hours with lots of map changes and 10 minutes with 1. I can barely do anything at the moment, any mission longer than 10 minutes with a map change is a gamble and more often than not my textures disappear the second I'm doing a rich dilithium claim. My computer is cheap garbage but it doesn't have problems with any other game. Here's hoping someone figures something out soon, this has been going so long I'm starting to lose hope.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've also had this issue since S8 launched and have reported it a couple times. I really hope this is being looked into as my entire fleet save one person is about fed up by the entire mess. Personally I decided I won't be back on until it's fixed, and while I'm craving my ships I've made good on that promise to myself since mid November. So please Dev Folk, fix the issue so I can come back lol.

On a side note: Wouldn't it be slightly funny if this all somehow had something to do with the mac beta TRIBBLE?
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited January 2014
    Weird that it would only appear on that rift at a certain angle.

Wait! That's it isn't it!? The Elachi and their weird subspace rifts are the cause of this! Some weird Elachi energy is leaking into the rest of the galaxy causing it's physical structure to break down! They know they can't defeat our ships, so they set out to defeat our gaming rigs! How evil...

Actually, it is an angular issue, when viewing objects in the direction of additional light bloom (lens flare reflections) I get a serious white-out effect blinding view of everything else.

And yes, just for the record, I too suspect this has something to do with cryptic/pwe adding Mac Video support, though no dev has spoken publicly of it yet. :rolleyes:
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    I've also had this issue since S8 launched and have reported it a couple times. I really hope this is being looked into as my entire fleet save one person is about fed up by the entire mess. Personally I decided I won't be back on until it's fixed, and while I'm craving my ships I've made good on that promise to myself since mid November. So please Dev Folk, fix the issue so I can come back lol.

On a side note: Wouldn't it be slightly funny if this all somehow had something to do with the mac beta TRIBBLE?

This...
    litchy74 wrote:
    Christmas time, spending money and buying presents, my present was not a new ship or zen on something else. Bought some gold for my World of Tanks, it's not worth spending money when you can't play for more than 30 minutes before you getting the texture wipe out.

This has been brought on from season 8 launch, many people are reporting problems with it on the forums, a lot more in chat in the game who don't use the forums.

Dev fix this as this could become thin end of the wedge for a lot of players and payers......

I've struggled along with this since season 8, with the symptoms seemingly getting worse. Last night I logged in, moved to the bank, opened my inventory, no icons :mad: already??!!!! I'd been in for all of 5 minutes.

On the character selection screen it will sometimes show the toons ship almost glowing as textures try to load, fail, try to load again, fail, rinse repeat.

This is Quality Control at its worse, yet again giving the perception that there is NO evidence of QA AT ALL In Cryptic. Season 8 introduced this fault, and unfortunately it may have broken me as a player of it.

Constantly having to restart the game client is really getting tedious in the extreme.

Its the lack of communication or acknowledgement of the issue that saddens me.

One more point....on some of the web splash screens its proudly displayed ...."Nvidia...the way its meant to be played". Such as here. So this game is optimized for Nvidia graphics is it? Hmmm I have a new Nvidia 650 card... at this very moment I'd disagree.
    server_hamster6.png
  • seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've mostly given up logging in by now, because it's too much of a chore to continually restart the game over and over. Occasionally I'll jump on to put some stuff on the exchange or send out some DOFFs, but I can't play any of the Dyson Sphere content, or any missions or anything.

I know the devs were having trouble reproducing the issue, but... it just seems so odd that even with all the specs posted and people reporting the issue constantly, that no one can reproduce it.

My guess is that they found a way to reproduce it, but they can't fix it without breaking something (perhaps on the mac side or something), so no fix until they can do it without breaking whatever else.

Still... kind of depressing. I was having fun playing S8 content for a little while until I decided dealing with this wasn't worth the trouble.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So was this problem fixed then or not?
    After the last maintenance I can see again the flashing lights that increase with every character/map switch. So far the only solution is to quit the game and start it again ......annoying..... BTW the graphics processing option thing has no effect !
  • hashimashadoohashimashadoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Noooo. The problem most certainly isn't fixed yet.
    edited January 2014
    Nope it most certainly HASNT been fixed yet as my second relog of today has just occured :(

I find it ridiculous in the extreme to be told they "Cannot replicate this in-house" when so many I talk to seem to suffer with this.

With all the other "issues" and lack of QA this game has this may very well be the straw that broke the camels back.
    server_hamster6.png
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What bothers me besides the fact it hasn't been fixed, is that it isn't even listed under known issues.

What gives?
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
    edited January 2014
    What bothers me besides the fact it hasn't been fixed, is that it isn't even listed under known issues.

What gives?

Yes that bothers the hell out of me too.
    server_hamster6.png
    edited January 2014
    I'm reasonably certain that they can't list it under known issues unless they can replicate it, but don't necessarily have a fix for it yet. Last word was that they can't replicate it, so I don't think they can list it as a known issue.

It's a bummer though since it still happens.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm reasonably certain that they can't list it under known issues unless they can replicate it, but don't necessarily have a fix for it yet. Last word was that they can't replicate it, so I don't think they can list it as a known issue.

It's a bummer though since it still happens.
    sl.1, sl.2, sl.3

I sure can replicate it :P
    With ease any times, all the time. Its like a lock box that poops a special ship every time sheer luck, and delight I guess. :D
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited January 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »
    sl.1, sl.2, sl.3

I sure can replicate it :P
    With ease any times, all the time. Its like a lock box that poops a special ship every time sheer luck, and delight I guess. :D

Hah yeah. Replicating it is no problem here too.

http://i.imgur.com/f75YYHn.jpg
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://imgur.com/jrj3OB3

Been happening to me about five times a day since S8. Recently it occurred at the start of Breach Elite, and I played the whole thing blinded by flashing white everything. Oddly, beaming to Winter Wonderland sometimes fixes it, though this time I lost textures when I beamed there. Sometimes I beam there and textures take a while to load, then finally do.

Pretty unpleasant.
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it's a new year and we've had our first few new 2014 reports, both in this thread and duplicates. Therefore I thought a brief state-of-play count was in order. Particularly as the scale of this, is still being disputed in other threads.

Note I've included view counts as it shows wider interest in the player base, as well as potentially additional silent affected players (i.e. Even among those that frequent the forums, many players tend not to spend time adding further reports, if a given issue is already recorded. As evident by posts in the low hundreds on other game-wide bugs that affect tens of thousands of players. However they will often drop-by to check that it's not just their problem and see if a solution has been found).

At time of writing ->
    This parent thread: 224 posts; 10,898 views
    Duplicate threads (-1-): 229 posts; 11,125 views [minimum count] (-2-)
    TOTAL: 453 posts; 22,023 views

(-1-) See consolidated list index in post 5
    (-2-) Related conversations contained within other broader issue threads, have only x1 count each for posts & views. This is because I don't have time to trawl through & locate all additional on-topic respondents and its not possible to know if viewers/view-count were interested in this particular topic, over the others being discussed within the same thread.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your typical forum troll will say:

"Ive never gotten it, it must not exist"

Uh huh, look at the dozens of people its affecting in just this one thread alone.

On the forum, which accounts for how small of a slice of the player population.

Ask around in game too, my guess is its affecting over 20 percent of the whole playerbase, perhaps more.

This is not isolated to a few people, its rampant.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited January 2014
    They can run their mouths all they want. Doesn't change the fact that this is literally a game breaking issue.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To give the numbers in my last post some historical perspective. If you take the most recent sub-forum postings over the last two years (in thread last-live/last-posted order; covering approx. 44% of the entire Graphical & Sound Issues sub-forum's history & 50% of STO's existence) then the top 5 graphical bug reports, live Jan 2012-2014 are:

Most talked about
    ===========

1. >>> Missing Textures & Icons (overall consolidated total) - 453 posts
    2. >>> Missing Textures & Icons (this parent thread only) - 224 posts
    3. Fellow S8 graphical smearing/stuttering - 196 posts
    4. Season 7 general video problems - 186 posts
    5. 2012's random black screen - 136 posts

Most Viewed
    ========

1. >>> Missing Textures & Icons (overall consolidated total) - 22,023 views
    2. 2012's space texture flickering - 16,493 views
    3. >>> Missing Textures & Icons (this parent thread only) - 10,898 views
    4. Fellow S8 graphical smearing/stuttering - 10,410 views
    5. 2012's random black screen - 8,978 views
    edited January 2014
    Well I know this isn't a solution, but I found by switching to dx9ex seems to delay restarting. I was having to restart the client multiple times an hour with dx11, but now running dx9ex I can go an hour or two before having to restart.

Every so often I'll get slow loading textures that usually will recover. It's not like playing before s8, but it's atleast a little more bearable. I doubt that'll work for everyone because we're all on different rigs.
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://imgur.com/CzXY8Qu

San Francisco looks more like the grimy shores of New Jersey.