test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need more weapon slots on ships.

projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey Cryptic:

Our ships don't have enough weapons at end-game.

When can we get some purpose-driven torpedo-only/mine-only weapon slots added to our ships?

Just think of the possibilities with slots for just torpedoes/mines on every ship. Slots that will fire to the front of the ship or the back! Slots that allow the other slots to be used for non-torpedo/non-mine weapons! Slots that will give us something closer to the arsenals on the various ships without requiring any real work on your part.

Sure you've started "experimenting" with 5/N weapon layouts on ships but you're almost certainly never going to stray far enough away from the arcadish mentality of the current itemization to take it to any extreme beyond perhaps "science ships" having more guns up front than in the back. And that just doesn't give us all the firepower we're looking for.

So Cryptic, how's about more weapon slots?
Post edited by projectfrontier on

Comments

• projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    you realise cure space elite is being run in under 2 minutes?

if they where to do this it would require them to overhaul the weapon drain mechanics to stop people doing stf's in 30 seconds. as much as i dont doubt that will come eventually as the only way to reset the power creep, its not going to be soon.

since their efforts are obviously focussed on new content creation rather than addressing the antiquation of older in-game entitles. and maybe when they do, the weapons systems will(hopefully imo) be treated as modification to ships systems in a way that better relates to the ships as things with systems and structure, rather than space-magic-hovering-gear-slots.

If you've going to post nonsense, please post elsewhere.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you've going to post nonsense, please post elsewhere.

So anyone that doesnt agree with you isnt allowed to post?

Dont think so pal, I agree with the "nonsense" poster. The last thing we need is more power creep.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to see the a skewing of the game to more diversity in shield and hull vitality. Make torpedo/mine slots hardwired in ships, buff torps a smidge if needed, not sure, havent ran any since before season 2.

I would not call for an increase in total weapon's ports, but just have dedicated energy and kinetic weapons, and a weapon slot or two that you can choose.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So anyone that doesnt agree with you isnt allowed to post?

Dont think so pal, I agree with the "nonsense" poster. The last thing we need is more power creep.

But we do need hybrid Torps/Mines like we have hybrid Energy! :P

C'mon, they need to give us those Voth Trans-Chrons and a bunch of other hybrid Projectiles. :D
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I get by pretty nicely with just 6 weapon slots and a deflector dish. Granted, Gravity Well now has a couple teeth in its mouth compared to before but I was able to get 1st in Crystalline numerous times and can consistently score well in other PvE queues - except Klingon Scout Force. I can't seem to nail down a win there. Killing Borg in STF with my Sci is not very hard - sometimes not getting the torpedo of death is though due to engineering console slots.

There are always universal consoles... They have long cooldowns but work like a weapon on many of them.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But we do need hybrid Torps/Mines like we have hybrid Energy! :P

C'mon, they need to give us those Voth Trans-Chrons and a bunch of other hybrid Projectiles. :D

Oh you. You know very well we're all waiting for the Trans-Quantums, really. Maybe the Trico-Plasma's, depending on their cooldown.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2013
    twam wrote: »
    Oh you. You know very well we're all waiting for the Trans-Quantums, really. Maybe the Trico-Plasma's, depending on their cooldown.

Trans/tricobalt would be totally cool and never ever have any problems at all with tactical buffs...

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.