test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DoffTrekker worksheet thread should be *stickied*, not archived

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
OK, I know most DOffers are aware of the Dofftrek worksheet, but as newer players come in they should be given the chance to discover its usefulness.

Unfortunately, the thread that covers it has been "archived" so no one else can post in it.

Now I'm generally fine with the whole 'no zombie thread' rule. But some threads really should be excepted, and this was one of them.

So, bluegeek, please unarchive that thread and sticky it, so that future players won't have to search thru years of archives to maybe possibly stumble across it.
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, I wish they wouldn't have implemented the "30 days" rule, which is blindly followed by their purple, volunteer thread henchmen, to the letter, regardless if there is valid information in those threads or not or weather the problems still exist or not.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, I wish they wouldn't have implemented the "30 days" rule, which is blindly followed by their purple, volunteer thread henchmen, to the letter, regardless if there is valid information in those threads or not or weather the problems still exist or not.

You know, insulting the -volunteer- mods is not really the best way to get cooperation.

That thread could have been stickied at any point and if it had it would not have been closed for thread necromancy. Otherwise, the rule makes no allowances or requirements for determining whether the info in the thread is still valuable or not.

But I'll tell you free of charge that we are not supposed to sticky threads without BranFlakes' permission. Posting "please sticky" does not necessarily get a Mod's attention, either. The Forums are quite large.

Since the original thread predates the current version of the forums, the best thing to do is for someone -preferably the current maintainer of the tool- to start a new thread on the subject and then ask to have THAT stickied. Preferably by sending a PM so we know about it. I personally have no interest in resurrecting an inactive thread that dates back longer than I can tell and I'm not going to assume that it is all up-to-date information.

PS. One problem with putting a sticky on the original thread is the 'Archived Post' problem. Since nobody can tell who the original poster was (unless they knew from the previous forums), nobody can contact the OP to ask questions. That is my main issue with putting a sticky on it.

P.P.S BTW... discussion of moderation is not allowed, either.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oeh... He got Blue on his bad side :D. Ouch.
    edited November 2013
    Update: I sent zerobang a PM to ask if he would be willing to create a new post that we can sticky.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK

on it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, Zerobang! It's in BranFlakes' hands now...

Since there is now a new thread and the request for a sticky has been raised, we don't need to keep this thread open.

Live Long and Prosper,

~ Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.