test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not another new Fed ship request!!!!

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Well here goes. As mentioned in TNG the USS Tripoli was a old ship. A Hokule'a class cruiser at the Federation supply yard.

http://darkfrontiers.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hokule'a-class

These are Cannon ships and did have screen time in DS9. I know that the Devs are not fond of the kitbash ships from that show. But this ship looks good. I am an avid starship modeler and am in the works of building one of these from my many Enterprise B and excelsior and Miranda class models.
I know that having older ships in game upsets some. But what if like the episode of TNG where they found the Tripoli, STO added the Federation boneyard to the game.
Make it a Rep system where you can find spare parts for a crafting system to build new ships or restore old ships. The possibllities are endless.
One of my favorite things to do when I was in the Navy was visit the Reserve Fleet boneyard and climb around in the old WW2 ships. What if there was a daily mission to go there and get in an EV suit and expore some old ships and collect some components and then give them to a Doff (sort of how the rabbit tagging on New Romulas works) then when its complete you have 1 usable part for a ship that you are building, Just like the Rep system it can take a month or so of building this ship. You get to choose from one of the derelict ships and go through the process of bringing back to life. There will be different type of Doff and rep missions to determine the type of Boff seating and turn rate and hull points etc. When you are done you will have a nice Fleet tier 5 ship. And if you could even design the look as to what type of Hull and Nacells and saucer. You could make a true Shelly class or restore some of the old classic TOS Era ships to modern status. What if you could pick the Main hull the deflector, the pylons and have the players be able to make something never seen before. Like this beauty

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KnpIPhbfpOw/UI1Y-yn4q1I/AAAAAAAAJwA/FAeXZ23b6Z0/s1600/Mark+Rademaker+USS+Curie.jpg
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eh, rather Cryptic finish adding the remaining canonical ships before they start fooling around with fanfic designs.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No Thanks!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222