test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc

calfencalfen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
Greetings.
I have reinstalled my PC and to my surprise I now need "arc" to play STO (unfortunately I deleted the original files).
Is there any way for me to play without ARC? (Or Steam?) I guess I will use steam, but still it would be nice to be able to play without additional client.

Thanks.
Post edited by calfen on

Comments

• twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    calfen wrote: »
    Greetings.
    I have reinstalled my PC and to my surprise I now need "arc" to play STO (unfortunately I deleted the original files).
    Is there any way for me to play without ARC? (Or Steam?) I guess I will use steam, but still it would be nice to be able to play without additional client.

Thanks.

Last I heard they're slowly working towards Arc being the sole launcher. I've also heard that you can load up the Cryptic launcher without Arc and I'm sure someone will show you how. But I've found Arc, while kind of a meaningless extra step right now, inoffensive and in the background.

And if you're wondering: PWE's other games are either PUGfests or super grindy. So feel free to keep ignoring them.
    <3
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • calfencalfen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you!
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Last I heard they're slowly working towards Arc being the sole launcher. I've also heard that you can load up the Cryptic launcher without Arc and I'm sure someone will show you how. But I've found Arc, while kind of a meaningless extra step right now, inoffensive and in the background.

And if you're wondering: PWE's other games are either PUGfests or super grindy. So feel free to keep ignoring them.

You are right except for one small detail. It's not PUGfest or super grindy... correct way to say it is PUGfest AND/or super grindy. Some fit both. :)

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You are right except for one small detail. It's not PUGfest or super grindy... correct way to say it is PUGfest AND/or super grindy. Some fit both. :)

Heh. Yeah. I was enjoying PWI right up until I got to the main city and all the walking back and forth to collect ten whatsits and the getting swarmed on the way there just made me stop playing.

Forsaken World wasn't nearly as bad. The fifth time I was sent back to the same spot to kill the same enemies by the mission giver I also gave up on the game.

The others I was just like, "Ehn. I'm going back to Champions Online."
    <3
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    calfen wrote: »
    Greetings.

Thanks.

See my signature for a non-Arc installer. You are right to avoid using Arc as long as possible, and this is why.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/