test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with a sci/tac build

kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I'm am making a Romulan Sci captain piloting a Ar'kiff ship.

I'm running Plasmatic Leech console, have max flow capacitors (this is mainly to help with romulan low power issues).

With the boff layout I can run grav well drain set up or a eng epw/directed energy modulation set up with the LT Cmnd. univ. boff.

What I need help with is weapon type. I do not want to use phasers.. so that leaves me with

Anti-proton, Poloron or Disruptors.

I have been leaning more towards AP or Poloron... or even doing a all cannon build and waiting to get cannon damage consoles with crit h in season 8. If doing all cannon build I could run one poloron and disruptor with the rest AP. This gives me power drain, damage proc with ap for damage.

Is that the way to go or should you still stick with one type? If one type what would be better of the three?

Thanks for any advice on the matter.
Post edited by kelshando on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Don't rainbow. Also use polaron since you're all cannon. I'm sure that will synergize very well, considering you will most likely invest some points in flow capacitors, for your leech.

If this is for pve, the weapon type you choose to go with doesn't really matter, as long as you don't rainbow.

Ya I understand that rainbow has been a big no no.. but with the new consoles.. what the issue with it? all the consoles be it damage type or weapon type are the same mods.

25% damage with 2% crit h or 8% crit D

before with just damage type consoles being much better then weapon type there was a reason not to "rainbow". Now that they are even does it matter? If you stick to one weapon type and use different damage types does it some how effect your dps if all the damage consoles are the same? I'm just wondering more for theory then doing it..

Ya I was kinda leaning to poloron... would phased poloron be better or fleet?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Anyone know why with the new consoles using different damage types would not be effective?

My thought would be Poloran/disruptors/AP would work well with the new consoles.

Maybe 2x AP DHC, 2x Disruptor DHC, 2x Poloran turrets then a borg cutting beam.

With a romulain boffs that's 10% crit, another 10% from the consoles, 3% crit from rep.

Then add the 3 procs from the weapon, 4 yellowstones.. with sensor scans.. and if they pop defense cool downs you sub nuc them off...

To me this sounds like a good set up.. any cons to this set up?