test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Ships

kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Will there be more borg ships ingame?

So far all the borg ships in game I've seen is probe , sphere , cube , tac cube , siegecube, Unimatrix and the borg queen ship in the Hive.

Will there be more ship types from the borg or is this all they got in there arsenal now?

There is these you missed.

Hyper cube, Fusion cube, Tac fusion cube, Tac Star , Arctic Destroyer, Tac sphere, Assimilator, Tac Assimilator, Diamond, Pyrimid , Tac Pyrimid , Cylinder, Interceptor and tac heavy drone. If there is more let me know.
Post edited by kaloriaa4 on

Comments

• onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i've never heard of the siegecube, do you have a link to it somewhere?
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    onyxheart1 wrote: »

Actually never mind that one it is a ramp up tac cube from fleet action with increased stats my bad.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    Will there be more borg ships ingame?

So far all the borg ships in game I've seen is probe , sphere , cube , tac cube , siegecube, Unimatrix and the borg queen ship in the Hive.

Will there be more ship types from the borg or is this all they got in there arsenal now?

There is these you missed.

Hyper cube, Fusion cube, Tac fusion cube, Tac Star , Arctic Destroyer, Tac sphere, Assimilator, Tac Assimilator, Diamond, Pyrimid , Tac Pyrimid , Cylinder, Interceptor and tac heavy drone. If there is more let me know.

Yes but they're not canon, I know several of them are from other games or mods...so they can't be used or wont be used because in most cases cryptic doesn't use player made ships.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be fair, a lot of those never showed up in the television series or movies and/or are licensed by other companies(Activision/Paramount for all the Armada ships).

I think a fusion cube(or something similiar) might make for an interesting mega boss along the lines of the crystalline entity, but most of the borg storyline seems finished for the time being. It might be nice if the various sphere types(assimilation, regeneration, etc.) had different models/textures to help newer players identify priority targets though.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only Borg Ships that are missing are the Borg Scout which seems like a really small Borg Cube and Borg Type 03 which was used by the Rogue Borg led by Lore which might mean it is not actually a Borg ship. If a Borg ship is not in the TV series or movies, then it is unavailable to Cryptic. If a Liberated Borg faction is ever introduced, then we might see new Borg ships or the devs might create more Borg content which requires new Borg ships.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see Borg use more Borg Diamonds instead of it just being the Borg Queens ship on just 1 mission.
  • starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If I'm not wrong Borg manufactures generic ships. To get new ships they have to assimilate them. As such we do see Borg Bop, raptors and neghvars in Cure, Borg Valdore in Kase. Guess they get decimated quite badly by us that's why we don't see new ones
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    szerontzur wrote: »
    To be fair, a lot of those never showed up in the television series or movies and/or are licensed by other companies(Activision/Paramount for all the Armada ships).

I used to be ok with this excuse about things , until they decided to add dinos with lasers on their heads. never seen them in the trek shows, but I did see them lic under other companies like Mattel .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see Borg use more Borg Diamonds instead of it just being the Borg Queens ship on just 1 mission.

The thing is, the Diamond is a ship that is exclusively for the Queen and only the Queen, as far as we know from the shows.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm surprised they haven't added more over the years, like the odd Borg ship that Lore's Borgs flew.

onyxheart1 wrote: »

It's the Tac Cube Boss in the final Wave in the Fleet Red Alert.
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to see more assimilated ships. The defiant in terradome was a beast. (I know its 8472 but still)

In fact I had an idea once that player ships could be assimilated. Basically if you "die" in the holding beam rather than just explode an assimilated copy of your ship is placed where you died. It's a pretty similar idea to the ground version only in space. I think it would be pretty neat to have to fight your former allies.

Of course it could lead to unwinable situations but hey we're all after more of a challenge right?
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know it is from a different game, but Obelisks , I love!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...