test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

need help equipping Adapter battle cruiser for crystal entity

possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
I have a Adapted battleship with a hull of 61,320 and shields are up to 18,186 but when I fight the crystal entity my hull drops fast and I have to hang back to build it back up. I have all fleet engine,a posi deflector [cap]x3 [ResB] with a part generator of +26.2 Also I have enhanced Neutronium alloy mk XI +Hull HP and RCS +Hull Rep from tier 2 dilitium fleet mine and the Elachi 3/3 weapon set along with nanite dual heavy cannons/beam arrays both nanite and elachi.What is the C.E. hitting me with that i'm not protected from? I can add any mk xii very rare hull alloys as I have them all but not in use at the moment.Maybe I should go with several alloys in my engineer slots?
Post edited by possumlips on

Comments

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you're teamed with a group that lets the small shards reach the CE and up the stacking of it's damage buff, no equipment is likely to help you.

Prevent the shards from reaching the CE or debuff it after the do (tetryon? or Tyken's Rift).
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Torpedos! CE resists energy weapons but not kinetic. So bring as many as worthwhile. I did 2 photons and the har'peng fore. Spread 3 for sure. And torp buffing consoles. I came in 1st place (tac, eng and sci toons) a few times and in no way a uber-player.

borg cutting beam, tric mines, grav well, tykens rift, tachyon beam also good to have.

Plus... heavy torps means less energy for weapons, move to engines so you can outrun the shards as you kill em.

Large shard hits bypass shields, I think, so kill you fast, best to move faster than they do and drop mines, torp spread or EWP if you have a pack following you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Added 2 SIF consoles,jevonite hardpoints and mainly use torpedos and now and I get 3rd place alot. So does my other captains with the Odyssey and Jem'Hadar dreadnought using simular builds. If anything else would help,let me know.Thanks!
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's not just about doing damage to the Entity; it's also about healing yourself to get first place.

Make sure you're hitting HE every time you've taken damage and come off cooldown; have EPTS cycling; run RSP as necessary. If you're an engineer, you can use miracle worker and let me tell you, it works miracles.

Also, if you have at least two pieces of the Borg set, you'll get heals from that, too.
  • Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm surprised noone else has said this, but this is all you need to add to your ship.

LtC Sci- Grav Well I

En. Sci- Tachyon beam I

Use both of those on the entity every time they are available and you will make the fight much easier. You'll barely notice the entity hitting you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    It's not just about doing damage to the Entity; it's also about healing yourself to get first place.

Make sure you're hitting HE every time you've taken damage and come off cooldown; have EPTS cycling; run RSP as necessary. If you're an engineer, you can use miracle worker and let me tell you, it works miracles.

Also, if you have at least two pieces of the Borg set, you'll get heals from that, too.

What is HE,EPTS and RSP? I do have miracle worker on my engineer captain. Also I have Borg,Aegis Jem'Hadar,Reman,Breen,Omega XII and Maco XI sets.I also have the Atrox,Recluse,all 3 Jem ships,D'kora,Galor,Breen,both Elachi, Temporal and Adapted Borg ships the Chimera and most of the ships in the C-store if any of those would be better. Its beginning to sink in that its not my ship but my game play. I was just choosing ships with the highest hull strength since that's what was dropping, not my shields. Oh, and also my crew so I added a bio console.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    possumlips wrote: »
    What is HE,EPTS and RSP? I do have miracle worker on my engineer captain.
    HE = Hazard Emitters (modest damage resistance buff, clears plasma fires and other annoyances, major heal over time effect based on Aux power), EPTS = Emergency Power to Shields (bonus shield power, shield heal, and shield resistance, triggers an Engineer trait for more power), RSP = Reverse Shield Polarity (for a short duration, incoming damage repairs shields rather than damages them. Some damage still bleeds through to the hull, however).

If you're needing more healing after getting at least EPtS and HE, Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field is an Engineer power with an extremely short cooldown that provides a modest instantaneous hull repair and a major damage resistance buff.
    possumlips wrote: »
    Oh, and also my crew so I added a bio console.
    Unfortunately, crew does little other than improve your passive hull regeneration, which isn't that great even at full crew.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes, I use HE and RSP. Also Aux to SIF, and the other hull heals I cant remember their names at the moment but I don't use EPTS and other shield heals as often as my shields stay up good. The damage seems to penetrate them and damage my hull. Hence why I use the 3 ships with the highest hull rating. I have 3 Admirals. A Tactical with a Jem dreadnought,Engineer with Adapted Battle and a Science with a science Odyssey. All are getting about 3rd place most of the time now.