test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Foundry Officer Reports

I play and record audio about Foundry missions for the Priority One podcast.

If you have a mission you'd like me to play, post it here!

My main criteria for talking about it on the show was 'did I have fun playing it?' If I had fun, I'll talk about it!

I don't do featured episodes or challenge entry mission for the show, since those are in the limelight already.

The mission can be your own, or a fun one by someone else you think others will like.

If it's a grinder, I probably wont file a report on it, but heavy combat is fine. I like the pew pews.

My goal is to let listeners know about missions they should play, and I wont trash your mission on the air or anything. I will provide personal constructive feedback in game, however. :)
Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by chivalrybean on

Comments

• realmalizerealmalize Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Missions listed down in my sig, have fun :)
    foundry_banner1.png
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love coverage for my labor of love:

a time to search

by lincolninspace

ST-HLFRSWRPV

Faction: Federation

Level: 16+

When a familiar face contacts you with information about a missing crewman, your search leads you on an adventure through the seedy underbelly of the alpha quadrant.

Qualifies for standard rewards.

24 plays and 10 5 star reviews.

lots of custom work here!

Update: I did a playthrough after the season 8 republish. The mission can be finishe but a few of the objectives need tweaked. I will be making 2 or 3 changes when the editor goes live.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My Ghosts of War series is undergoing another round of remastering, so I'll wait to have you play it. Instead, I will suggest the first installment of my Romulan trilogy, "Valley of the Shadow I".

Title: "[Rom] Valley of the Shadow I" (aka "Into the Valley")
    ID: ST-HBHYVOLP6
    Author: @NCC-89471
    Allegiance: Federation/Romulan
    Level: 31+
    Estimated play time: 60-75 minutes

There is also a KDF-allied version, though there is no story differentiation between the two versions. (Part II will have some differentiation; jury's still out on Part III.) As of right now it is still stuck with less than five reviews, so you'll have to "Become Reviewer" (if you're not already) in order to see it in search:

Title: "[Rom] Valley of the Shadow 1" (aka "Into the Valley")
    ID: ST-HNN4IMSKU
    Allegiance: Klingon/Romulan

Please note that there's a dialog bug at Cryptic's end (that others have noted, and Cryptic has acknowledged) that causes my Sci BOff to appear to get all my Eng BOff's dialogue on ground/interior maps, so it appears that Sci is talking to him/herself.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013

a time to search

by lincolninspace

ST-HLFRSWRPV

When a familiar face contacts you with information about a missing crewman, your search leads you on an adventure through the seedy underbelly of the alpha quadrant.

Hi there, I was just playing through the mission, and though i liked it very much, i encountered an issue where i couldn't find the NPC Trajan for the dialogue with contact objective on the bridge , perhaps hes stuck somewhere under or above the floor/ceiling?

So i couldn't finish the mission, Otherwise Very much enjoyed up to this point , creative map design with multiple floors is impressive
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • onlyslightlybentonlyslightlybent Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here's mine, Duty Officer Assignment II

For the Federation.

ST-HCQ7JWXRI
    Ops assignment: Holodeck Performance of Hamlet

Summary: Program the Holodeck for a modern production of Hamlet.

Authors note: Have you ever wanted to find out what goes on during those duty officer assignments?. This is the mission for you!. You can start the DOFF assignment in-game by going to your ships ops officer. You can also discover how the holonovel storage device is linked to the DOFF assignment. You can find and read about it by searching the in-game auction house "holonovel storage device" or if you're lucky you can unlock a Ferengi Lockbox.

You will recognize familiar duty officers. Choose the cast. Play "Dabo". Fight a dramatic villain. And learn Hamlet! word-for-word! ... ok not really, but the short abridge version.

It's a lightly humored mission but I tried to create it by balancing story, action, and STO and Star Trek lore.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I had fun creating it.
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    Hi there, I was just playing through the mission, and though i liked it very much, i encountered an issue where i couldn't find the NPC Trajan for the dialogue with contact objective on the bridge , perhaps hes stuck somewhere under or above the floor/ceiling?

So i couldn't finish the mission, Otherwise Very much enjoyed up to this point , creative map design with multiple floors is impressive

I noticed that in the preview mode but I thought it was a preview glitch. Thank you for telling me I will repair it as soon as possible. He is above the ceiling im pretty sure. I know what I di wrong. I will fix it tomorrow.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I noticed that in the preview mode but I thought it was a preview glitch. Thank you for telling me I will repair it as soon as possible. He is above the ceiling im pretty sure. I know what I di wrong. I will fix it tomorrow.

Excellent i want to know how it ends :)
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited October 2013
    The mission is repaired and ready for play. I had the npcs at too high of a y axis as you guessed.

If you want to skip the jumping puzzle in the city map just go wast and drop off the far skyscraper across the skybridge. You will respawn at the tower and just have to walk to the beam out spot. Unfortunately you have to drop a mission and pick it up again to get the latest publish.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's an old mission out there without that many plays called Duty Officer Assignment I. I thought it was really well done for a first mission and had some creative use of foundry features. The author is @slightlybent or something like that
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for responses so far! I'll let you know when an episode is going to feature one of the mentioned missions.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    realmalize wrote: »
    Missions listed down in my sig, have fun :)

Look for Survival Must Be Earned on the next P1. (or listen, actually)
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if you're still taking possible submissions, I'd like to submit:

Foundry Mission Name: "A Relic's Return (Conclusion)"
    Author: Armsman
    Project ID: ST-HG5XD7S6B
    Faction: Star Fleet
    Staring Location: Regulus Sector Block - Veela System
    Level/Rank: ANY

Mission Description:
    Now that you and your crew have discovered a possible location of the Kintaran relic; you need to determine if an Orion Syndicate base is in that star system, and conduct negotiations for the relic's return to the Kintarans.

Note: The first part "A Relic's Return" is up and available if you want the whole story (it was written way back during Foundry closed beta); and while I did have everything plotted out for the whole story, I had to wait for a number of Foundry updates before I could get around to finishing the Conclusion, which I finally had up a year later. I've reworked both to take advantage of later Foundry additions too.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2013
    Yes! Still taking requests.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd love for you to do "Bait and Switch" but there's a couple bugs I have to fix first. Details in my sig, and I'll let you know when I've republished.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited November 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    I'd love for you to do "Bait and Switch" but there's a couple bugs I have to fix first. Details in my sig, and I'll let you know when I've republished.

I've only gotten to one mission in this thread so far, mostly because I moved, plus waiting for republish, so you should have some time ... if the editor is up soon. :D
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013

a time to search

by lincolninspace

ST-HLFRSWRPV

Update: I did a playthrough after the season 8 republish. The mission can be finishe but a few of the objectives need tweaked. I will be making 2 or 3 changes when the editor goes live.

Look for review on the next episode of Priority One!

*Spoiler alert* I enjoyed it. ;)
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Sweet! Thanks man! I am planning a change to the moon surface map that will turn it into a stealth puzzle.
    edited December 2013
    Sweet! Thanks man! I am planning a change to the moon surface map that will turn it into a stealth puzzle.

That is if my voice returns in time for me to record.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Chivalrybean, would you mind doing a review of my revamp as well?

It's called "Collectiveness strikes gold", ST-HII7CAM0B. The "Synergy Taskforce" has created a great recording as well :). You might enjoy their other recordings as well!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi! I'd like to submit my mission.

Name: Of Morals and Ethics
    Faction: Fed
    Author: @voporak
    Approx. time: 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how fast you read dialogue.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm almost done making the sequal, Of Terror and Darkness. When I feel that it's sufficiently bug free I'll submit that one. :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi. I'm looking for more feedback on the first part of my first foundry series.

Name is Perfection, Part 1. It is a level 41+ Borg mission for Federation officers. The time may vary as the mission is somewhat grindy.

Author is @ashkrik23.

Thanks!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited December 2013
    Voice is back, likely wont be in this episode, but recording it so it will be ready for next show with my segment.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Get well soon.
    edited December 2013
    I'm 99% better, and today's episode of P1 reported on A Time To Search!
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got the bugs fixed. Forgot about this thread.

Title: "Bait and Switch"
    Author: starswordc
    ID: ST-HMVK8ZDAT
    Allegiance: Starfleet
    Level: Any
    Number of Players Recommended: Any
    Length: 1-1.5 hours
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited December 2013
    Thanks StarSword-C! I'm doing these in the order I have head about them, but wont be too long, I hope {:0)
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    I'm 99% better, and today's episode of P1 reported on A Time To Search!

Glad to hear it and thank you for the cool review!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Title: "Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant"
    Author: marhawkman
    ID:
    Allegiance: Klingon
    Number of Players Recommended: written for 1, but can be done with more.
    Length: 1-ish h

I did originally write it for the fifth challenge, but this is a remastered mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2014
    My Ghosts of War series is undergoing another round of remastering, so I'll wait to have you play it. Instead, I will suggest the first installment of my Romulan trilogy, "Valley of the Shadow I".

Title: "[Rom] Valley of the Shadow I" (aka "Into the Valley")
    ID: ST-HBHYVOLP6
    Allegiance: Federation/Romulan

Look for a report on this Monday!
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know you haven't gotten to mine yet, but I was hoping to submit the sequel to Perfection, part 1.

Title is Perfection, part 2, fed side, level 41+, author is @ashkrik23.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png