test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no battle bridge visible at saucer seperation

asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
title sais all. at the stardrive section of the galaxy class while under saucer seperation, there is no battle bridge visible on the top side of the neck. yes, minor detail, but it would look a lot better. so at the prometheus. there should be a small "battle bridge" on the sections. would make it much better looking.

example:

http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/studio/2008/11/67-17-944349.jpg
Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
Post edited by asches1 on

Comments

• asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thanks for the move. i didn't see the "art of STO". my mistake.
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The entire Galaxy model needs to be scrapped and redone. Little touch-ups aren't going to help it, I'm afraid.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The entire Galaxy model needs to be scrapped and redone. Little touch-ups aren't going to help it, I'm afraid.

There's a lot of models in game that need that treatment tbh :(
    I need a beer.

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's a lot of models in game that need that treatment tbh :(

All of the ships the game launched with were done on a very tight deadline, the artist didn't have time to get details right. Then shortly after launch, CapnLogan redid the Galaxy, Sovereign, and Intrepid to make them look nicer... but I think he was mostly doing that in his free time, and it just wasn't enough.

These are the "hero" ships of Star Trek, they're the ships Star Trek fans play a Star Trek game for. And some Star Trek stop playing when their favorite ships look like ****. They deserve much better.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    asches1 wrote: »
    title sais all. at the stardrive section of the galaxy class while under saucer seperation, there is no battle bridge visible on the top side of the neck. yes, minor detail, but it would look a lot better. so at the prometheus. there should be a small "battle bridge" on the sections. would make it much better looking.

example:

http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/studio/2008/11/67-17-944349.jpg

I agree, this would be nice. The Odyssey has a visible battle bridge (or at least several windows) when you use Chevron Separation. It would be nice to add a battle bridge to the Galaxy and Prometheus-class vectors as well.
    ExtxpTp.jpg