test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Way to get Marks

voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Reputation System
So I am diving into the Rep System. I have tried a few things, gotten some Omega and Nukara Marks, But I am wondering am I maximizing my mark making potential.

What are some of the best ways to get the various marks. Currently I am doing Infected Space (Normal) for Omegas. I realize Elite is better, but given the nature of complexity that is STFs, I am not sure I want to dive into Elites just yet. So for the moment Lets forget the whole Normal vs Elite thing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Doing stuff with fleet mates.

No really, with a coordinated team of decent players, you'll do things so much faster...

But ehm, for Nukara I'd say the crystalline entity events and the 2 ground missions, and for Romulan marks just go Epoh tagging on New Romulus. Omega, Do a couple normal Infected runs until you know the strategy, maybe find some build advice here or ingame and then try an elite Infected, for between 60 and 95 marks a run. It's easier than you think, if you get some nice people willing to cooperate/communicate. If you don't have a very active fleet, there's some chat channels that are dedicated to forming teams for STF's, and have plenty of people willing to give feedback, answer questions, the like. (hoping someone else'll post the names for these, 'cause I'm not up to speed on the details, atm)
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Romulan=epohh farming

Omega=estfs

Nukara= Crystalline entity
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ISE is so simple and overdone at this point that even PUGs faceroll it. Any normal STF is simply a waste of time, the pay is terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In addition to epohh tagging for romulan marks, the Defende Rhi-ho station and Mine trap events are both good sources of marks and I enjoy them.

For Nukara ground, just remember you need an EV suit. =)

And really, avoid azure nebula rescue: very low number of marks for the amount of time it takes. Plus there's a lot of people who take it far too seriously and can get really upset if you actually fight the tholians instead of leading them off and rescuing the trapped ships.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Elite crystal sucks now the event has ended. It's like all the good players moved on and now I just get pugs that can't get it down past 33%.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whatever you do, avoid the hive onslaught. Elite is impossible unless you have a really good coordinated team that's set up specifically for that mission, and regular requires at least 3 compentant players to be on the team who know what to do, and the otherts need to be able to follow their lead.
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So I am diving into the Rep System. I have tried a few things, gotten some Omega and Nukara Marks, But I am wondering am I maximizing my mark making potential.

What are some of the best ways to get the various marks. Currently I am doing Infected Space (Normal) for Omegas. I realize Elite is better, but given the nature of complexity that is STFs, I am not sure I want to dive into Elites just yet. So for the moment Lets forget the whole Normal vs Elite thing.
    go for elite stfs. the normals's reward is too small.
    it's nothing hardcore just need to know the elemetary tactics and do some dps. you can do them with 3k dps and if you read some topics about builds you can create one for at least 5k very easy and very cheap.
    here is a link to a topic with estfs walkthroughs for ground and space:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250898
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Elite crystal sucks now the event has ended. It's like all the good players moved on and now I just get pugs that can't get it down past 33%.

i do the elite crystal everyday and i never fail...i don't really understand how can a pug fail this instance, is too easy.
    Whatever you do, avoid the hive onslaught. Elite is impossible unless you have a really good coordinated team that's set up specifically for that mission, and regular requires at least 3 compentant players to be on the team who know what to do, and the otherts need to be able to follow their lead.
    hive is not impossible, but you need a premade group with good people not just fly in the sky players who think purple weapoms are better then blue just 'cuz they like purple.
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »

it doesnt suck that much

if you hit it during bonus hours, it gives 80 marks of your choice . . .