test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Haakona Separation mode and boff/console layouts?

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I had originally posted this in another thread but it was somewhat off-topic, so I'm making a new thread (and killing the old post)
I really like the Ha'Feh:

- BEST CONSOLE LAYOUT (3-2-4 / 3-2-5 Fleet)
- Very Good Boff Layout (the Best would is the one of the Armitage)
- Beautiful Look (if you have the Haakona).
OK, so this brings up a curiosity I've had. I plan on buying the Haakona because I far prefer that look to the other versions, and for the flexibility of using the separation console. My main toon is Science, so I've been considering the Ha'nom, too. I haven't used my free ship token yet, so I could pick up the base T5 for free, and I picked up mirror versions of Ha'nom and Ha'apax for cheap, but haven't unpacked them yet.

When you use the Haakona and split it, I assume that your boff stations and console layout doesn't change somehow. So whether you choose to fly the Ha'nom half or the Ha'feh half, all that changes is the maneuverability?

If you have good builds for the Ha'nom and Ha'feh, could you stick the separation console on them and basically have a Haakona with the Ha'nom boff/console layout when you want to do science, or a Haakona with the Ha'feh layout for when you wanna shoot more stuff?

Trying to understand how it all works before I commit to a strategy - just not enough ship slots to cover all the choices.
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The console will only work on the Haakona and Ha'apax (+fleet) variant. The 'nom and 'feh are technically different ships, as far as the console is concerned.

In a nutshell, the console gives you two pet options - ones sci orientated, the other tac - with a turnrate boost and various powerlevel buffs/debuffs. Nothing else is changed.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This link should explain everything you need to know about the separations:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Dual_Vector_Separation

It does change some things (mostly power levels I think) and increases shields on the "science" half of the ship.

And turn rates... Almost forgot the turn rates.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very helpful, thanks!
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    syndonai wrote: »
    The console will only work on the Haakona and Ha'apax (+fleet) variant. The 'nom and 'feh are technically different ships, as far as the console is concerned.
    I figured that was the case, but it would've been nice to be able to put the console on any of the three and get the same visuals and functionality with the base stats of the other ship. Probably woulda been a nightmare to code, tho.
    --Red Annorax
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I didn't think to check my bonuses to see if the consoles were split but I think the weapons do. Like right down the middle. One ship gets everything on the right and the other on the left. So you need to arrange so that each half ends up with the right weapons.

I just jumped into mine now though and can confirm that console bonuses aren't split. And boff abilities aren't affected (other than by the changed power bonuses).

Also a science type. Difference between the regular and mirror Ha'nom is very small. One leans slightly more towards damage (regular) and the other tanking/support (mirror). Most of the time damage is more useful, but I've been flying around in my mirror for a few days (I keep forgetting to switch back) and haven't suffered for it.

I think the regular is a little better because I usually load up on torpedoes when doing stfs and there's nothing in eng to boost them. But if you're using beams the mirror might work out better.

For what it's worth I'd recommend buying the haakona. I haven't played with mine much yet (on the to do list) but its pieces can be used to customise the ha'nom and I assume the ha'feh. The haakona hull plus ha'apax nacelles and wings drastically improve the ha'nom's appearance.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    varnoukh wrote: »
    I didn't think to check my bonuses to see if the consoles were split but I think the weapons do. Like right down the middle. One ship gets everything on the right and the other on the left. So you need to arrange so that each half ends up with the right weapons.
    Nope, this is bollocks. You keep all your weapons. The pet that separates off sprouts its own random assortment of weapons, which are nothing at all like yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When you use the Haakona and split it, I assume that your boff stations and console layout doesn't change somehow. So whether you choose to fly the Ha'nom half or the Ha'feh half, all that changes is the maneuverability?
    no, no changes in layout, only buffs/debuffs toward tac or sci role typical stats like shield, hull, turn and speed.
    you cant split ha'feh.
    Trying to understand how it all works before I commit to a strategy - just not enough ship slots to cover all the choices.
    well, theoretically you can switch roles in the middle of the mission, cloak, wait for red alert to weak off, switch boff on universal seat for appropriate layout and switch the separation mode.
    however you can do that trick only once in 5 minutes when console cd finishes.
    and also you will need a lot of expensive romulan boffs for this.
    basically forget that "adaptation".

haakona is either very sturdy tank or very heavy destroyer with some support from guardian section or heavy science ship with fire support from assault section.

yeah, and half of the time the other section is dead and doing nothing and you stuck on the separation CD.

as for me, i got the ship as part of legacy pack and flying the fleet mogai with my romi character. this fact should be enough to represent my opinion on haakona. ;)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    alfamega wrote: »
    no, no changes in layout, only buffs/debuffs toward tac or sci role typical stats like shield, hull, turn and speed.
    you cant split ha'feh.

well, theoretically you can switch roles in the middle of the mission, cloak, wait for red alert to weak off, switch boff on universal seat for appropriate layout and switch the separation mode.
    however you can do that trick only once in 5 minutes when console cd finishes.
    and also you will need a lot of expensive romulan boffs for this.
    basically forget that "adaptation".

haakona is either very sturdy tank or very heavy destroyer with some support from guardian section or heavy science ship with fire support from assault section.

yeah, and half of the time the other section is dead and doing nothing and you stuck on the separation CD.

as for me, i got the ship as part of legacy pack and flying the fleet mogai with my romi character. this fact should be enough to represent my opinion on haakona. ;)
    Romulan Boffs are only expensive if you insist on only using the best....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Romulan Boffs are only expensive if you insist on only using the best....
    sure, but what the reason to use them? no reasons. romulan ships a balanced for their use. without proper boffs romulan bird will be crippled.
    battle cloak is a main tool for a romulan pilot because of need to turn around effectively and you have to compensate 0 dps during cloaked downtime by boosting spike of decloaking alpha strike.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not even quite sure if this will help or not but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09K-sewEB5Y&list=TLrrhliUXErrp1pFFKGIPK-b7NFM6Y9xOv

Thats a nice bit on the ship separating, shows the layout etc. But it is just the Haakona not he mirror or hafeh..or whatever it is. These rommie names mess me up.
  • varnoukhvarnoukh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nope, this is bollocks. You keep all your weapons. The pet that separates off sprouts its own random assortment of weapons, which are nothing at all like yours.

Either they changed it or I misremembered. I only did one mission in it back when lor launched. What you describe certainly sounds like a better design.