test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The future may be bright... but also black

sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Klingon Discussion
In the Trek News and Views podcast Rivera gave us some hope and a wee bit of info about the new KDF ship

paraphrased: "The new ship we wanted to update teh Neg'var but that became more and more unrealistic so we're looking at something to mirror the Avenger Class"

We FINALLY get a 5 Fore Weapon Battle Cruiser.... Loverly

Then this happened....

Paraphrased: "How about a Section 31 ship, all black and with a battle cloak because Section 31 breaks all the rules... and we can make it a 3 pack for sci, tac, and engie"

I really hate the fanboys sometimes.... I really do....
Member of the "Disenchanted"
We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    OMG Yes please - I would buy that three pack IMMEDIATELY. HERE, TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!

I love fan boys too, 'cause if we repeat this nonsense enough times, Cryptic will listen.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Paraphrased: "How about a Section 31 ship, all black and with a battle cloak because Section 31 breaks all the rules... and we can make it a 3 pack for sci, tac, and engie"

I really hate the fanboys sometimes.... I really do....

Who said that?

EDIT: Isn't there already a black ship that can cloak?? :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eh, battle cloak for starfleet for s31 ship, fine, whatevs, starfleet pretty much has everything except a flying del taco stand, so why not... but this Battlecruiser with 5/3 is very happy face, more so if it has the cloaking device hard wired in like all KDF battlecruisers.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i heard the interview too, and i was kind of stunned, when Rivera said that they kind of ran out of canon ships to put into the game.
    I'm totally on his side when it comes to those ships that weren't ever really shown in the shows, like the wreckages from wolf 359...but i was disapointed that nobody mentioned the 2 vulcan ships classes still missing, or a telarite design.
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/other/vulcan-ships.jpg
    i think the starfleet ships with earth origin are more or less exhausted, but they haven't tapped into the other federation races for new ship designs enough yet.

and yes, KDF...that should be priority nr.1 after season 8 ships, to give them a 5 forward weapon ship, with possibly 5 tac console variant.
    Or a separate ship with 5 tac consoles.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jorumgandr wrote: »
    eh, battle cloak for starfleet for s31 ship, fine, whatevs, starfleet pretty much has everything except a flying del taco stand, so why not... but this Battlecruiser with 5/3 is very happy face, more so if it has the cloaking device hard wired in like all KDF battlecruisers.

Feds have the avenger and Kumari, let us have a 5/3 battle cruiser with battle cloak. :D

Never happen, but I can dream.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice to know we may see a 5/3 ship at the end of the year. Battle cloak would be cool but since cloaking is all but useless for the KDF now I prefer good stats and a competitive Boff design more....
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Nice to know we may see a 5/3 ship at the end of the year. Battle cloak would be cool but since cloaking is all but useless for the KDF now I prefer good stats and a competitive Boff design more....

Amen there. A normal cloak is fine as long as the stats are not junk and the cloak isn't weak like the Bortas.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    After all these years as a KDF guy, all I can say is, "We shall see."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    i heard the interview too, and i was kind of stunned, when Rivera said that they kind of ran out of canon ships to put into the game.
    I'm totally on his side when it comes to those ships that weren't ever really shown in the shows, like the wreckages from wolf 359...but i was disapointed that nobody mentioned the 2 vulcan ships classes still missing, or a telarite design.
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/other/vulcan-ships.jpg
    i think the starfleet ships with earth origin are more or less exhausted, but they haven't tapped into the other federation races for new ship designs enough yet.

and yes, KDF...that should be priority nr.1 after season 8 ships, to give them a 5 forward weapon ship, with possibly 5 tac console variant.
    Or a separate ship with 5 tac consoles.

After he dared to call the constellation class ugly I wanted to lock him in a room with angry Elachi.

In terms of Federation and Klingon ships, they need to do a bit more research, theres the K'vort class that hasn't been done which would make for a really awesome 5 fore ship *hint* *hint*
    and there are still ships like the Sydney class ship that scotty and laforge fixed, aka the Jenolan in (Tng relics) and many kitbashes some of which actually look good. But what I really want to see the npc ships not the uber ones mind you. but the randomly spawned ones in exploration cluster missions they would add a nice change of pace to the factions
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    After he dared to call the constellation class ugly I wanted to lock him in a room with angry Elachi.

In terms of Federation and Klingon ships, they need to do a bit more research, theres the K'vort class that hasn't been done which would make for a really awesome 5 fore ship *hint* *hint*
    and there are still ships like the Sydney class ship that scotty and laforge fixed, aka the Jenolan in (Tng relics) and many kitbashes some of which actually look good. But what I really want to see the npc ships not the uber ones mind you. but the randomly spawned ones in exploration cluster missions they would add a nice change of pace to the factions

Sydeny was a Personnel transport.... I'd see it as an embarking/disembarking Starbase/ Embassy/Mine ship transporting folks over an actual combat ship we'd fly in-game

And the Raven-class science shuttle.... all over the Transwarp Conduit....

And they redesigned the TNG version of the Toron shuttle to look like Laneth's Shuttle from ENT.....

Besides that though... we really are supposed to have TWO versions of the K'Vort....

The original BoP class... and the alternate Universe Battlecrusier class that's about as hard to maneuver as the D'Deradix....
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The light at the end of the tunnel is just the oncoming train.

And the Section 31 thing is stupid, like a highly conspicuous ninja. Section 31 wouldn't do something like that, they'd just quietly install an illegal cloaking device onto a regular ship. They don't even officially exist. Something like a dedicated ship would require them to officially exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There are actually 2 factions with S31:

The real guys. These people have families, starships, and accolades galore, and an S31 callsign. They don't wear the S31 "uniform". No one knows they are S31. There are no clues. Their ships may have slightly more recent upgrades to their ships, or achieved Admiral rank at record speed. Some don't even know they are being used as an S31 asset. They remain true to Starfleet, but bend the rules when they should. Their contacts and assets are still in place, still supplying Starfleet with the dilithium, special weapons and lately, the Avenger class. Without this part of S31, Starfleet crumbles.

The Franklin goons. They wear that silly all-black outfit that stands out like a sore thumb, are too damn obvious to be useful, and since the Klingon tutorial had all their assets in the KDF burnt down. If anything, this subfaction is a Tal Shiar villain faction that is still sore about being lynched by the Federation. This is the faction that the C-store caters to.

So if you're a failure at spycraft, go wear that uniform. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    they say they run out of cannon ships and don't want to use things that were not in the shows yet we get T-Rex with lasers on his head. go figure. and TRIBBLE the 5/3 ship why not a 5/4 ship for Klingons fits the Klingon mentality better
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I find the "canon" ship statement funny since several seasons back in another interview they said making KDF ships was easier and fun because of a lack of canon vessels making it easier to create thier own ideas.....

R.I.P
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If they did give the KDF a clone of the Avenger, I'd definitely pick the C-Store version up, and probably the Fleet upgrade for at least one toon as well. IMO, it has a better BOff layout with a Universal slot that isn't effectively locked to being Sci like it is on a Fleet Tor'kaht, plus the 5/3 weapon layout, plus is an account unlock with discounted purchase price on the Fleet version.

I'm guessing they'd give it innate standard cloak and bring the HP to around the same as Vor'cha/Tor'kaht. It would be interesting if it came with 'synergy' with being able to take another T5 ship's console, like the Avenger does for cloak. Phase Shift from the Kar'fi or the healing platform from the Varanus would be interesting to be able to bolt on.
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With reputation i don't think many will jump over to revive kdf alts even for more stuff to buy and do. The damage is done and the klingon alts are behind the curve for many. I hate to say it but not having an account bound rep system hurts alts and I bet it hurts KDF disportionately, the 50% reduction is not enough for me to grind it out from T0.

I just fear that if the kdf material doesn't sell like hot cakes then it will deflate the efforts of developing kdf material worse than it is currently.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Rivera DID make one more statement near the end of them talking about the Klingon ship....

Paraphrased: Dan is working some interesting content for the KDF faction, I just hope it's ready by the time the new ship is finished so they could come out together.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If so, I hope the new content makes the release date of the new ship as well. It would help bolster the faith of old.fans like myself in finding a reason to enjoy STO.

R.I.P
  • Options
    ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    Still sitting on a pile of Zen waiting for a Klingon C store ship that's 5/3. A Klingon destroyer with the same stats as the Avenger, I would fork over even more if it was a 3 pack.

As far as the argument that "it was never in the tv show" Neither were like half the dang fed ships out now...

Its post Dominion war, and you are trying to tell me they never developed or were building a new ship to combat that threat or a secret ship to combat the bord? Call it new, experimental, what ever. Stop holding onto the past with the Klingon ships and move on. Its the future and during a area post any TV/ Movie.
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jorumgandr wrote: »
    starfleet pretty much has everything except a flying del taco stand

hahahahahaha my sides
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hahahahahaha my sides

The joke ends at Romulan battlecloak though. :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• Options
    d3fk0nd3fk0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cryptic has probably already put this in the game but only select people can see it and get it. To everyone else it probably looks like a Nova Class or something unless you are part of the conspiracy.

Cryptic could probably be pretty darn cryptic if they were trying to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Section 31
    [Joseph Steel] [Jennifer Steel] [Dredd Steel] [Kenzi Steel] [Shira Steel] [Eris Steel] [Artemis Steel] [Stardragon] [Delta] [Alexandria Rose] [Number Six] [K'emb'ah Steel] [Karnak Steel] [Kacy Steel] [Venom Steel] [Areli Steel]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's called the Avenger with Material 5 (or the darkest one you can find, with black/black colors).

• Options
    jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am a carrier flyer, but I will buy the 5/3 battlecruiser if it's not too bad.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I find the "canon" ship statement funny since several seasons back in another interview they said making KDF ships was easier and fun because of a lack of canon vessels making it easier to create thier own ideas.....

KDF also has a lot of open ground the can dig from ... Ferasian just to get it started.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They ran out of cannon ships?

So then they wont be making the six wing Klingon ships?

And not be making more of the other bird of prey ships we saw in the next generation tv show?

And so why exactly cant they make updated higher tier versions ofhte low tier ships they already have.

I have both a 4 winged ship that comes with a quad cannon and another really wild looking ship that comes with a quantum jump console.......so why exactly cant they make higher tier versions of those?

Are they just being TRIBBLE?

Did someone hit the developers with a stupid stick?

I mean I am not that smart...but gee the multiple low tier 1 and tier 2 ships not having upgrades and the plethora of ships shown in multiple episodes of star trek the next generation...means they have a lot of things they have not made.

They don't even have a Klingon ship with a dorsal type cannon....do you really think Klingons would not make one of those?

I had thought that was basically the ship that the one Klingon talked about that destroyed a bunch of ships in one shot....but go figure...

If only we had enough cannon ships to make(like the 6 or 7 floating around in the one episode from the next generation or the ten trillion upgradable tier ships already in the game)
    Nope...simply not enough cannon ships to choose from....so instead we will make something entirely different..that wont probably be Klingon anywise.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have both a 4 winged ship that comes with a quad cannon and another really wild looking ship that comes with a quantum jump console.......so why exactly cant they make higher tier versions of those?
    They did. The 4-wing ship is the "Fleet Norgh Retrofit", wearing the skin that is unlocked by owning those stupid quad cannons.

Plus, there wouldn't be much of a point in making them, since BoPs had all-universal layouts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are they just being TRIBBLE?

Did someone hit the developers with a stupid stick?
    Stop being ableist.
    I mean I am not that smart...but gee the multiple low tier 1 and tier 2 ships not having upgrades and the plethora of ships shown in multiple episodes of star trek the next generation...means they have a lot of things they have not made.
    No, they don't. TNG had four main klingon ships: the K't'inga, the Bird of Prey, the Vor'cha, and the Negh'var or the whatever term was made up for the ships we saw in 'All Good Things'. That's four ships and four of which are in the game at the moment.

There was also a shuttle in 'Gambit part 2'. That's it.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rivera DID make one more statement near the end of them talking about the Klingon ship....

Paraphrased: Dan is working some interesting content for the KDF faction, I just hope it's ready by the time the new ship is finished so they could come out together.

Wow, thanks for posting this! :)
    I usually try to listen to these podcasts, but just didn't have the time to go through this last one.

Soo, Dan is making us some new content? You know, this is the kind of thing that warms my heart and makes me wanna jump in Ker'rat and blow up some Feds. :P :D
    I'm being serious, one of the reasons I love playing KDF in STO so much is the pure epicness of the unique Klingon content and the general setting of the faction. The news about new KDF content in the making just brought a lot of joy to me. If it's half as good as the LoR released KDF content, it's going to be amazing.
    I don't really care if they make it so it comes together with the new ship or not, as long as both come our way. You can be assured that this warrior will thoroughly enjoy both. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    KDF also has a lot of open ground the can dig from ... Ferasian just to get it started.

Agreed. They have plenty of opportunities to create Ferasin escort carriers, Leathean destroyers and even some of the NPC ships we have seen ingame for the Gorn, Nausican, Orions and etc.
    Loads of good storyline has been left unfinished that could bolster the KDF faction by offering different play from the feds and romulans.
    Growth opportunities abound in STO.

R.I.P