test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New player Leveling

jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
It would be good if new players could accompany veteran players in all content and here is how to do it and why it should be done

Threat control a Tier 1 ship would get a -100% threat reduction tier 2 -80% tier 3 -60% tier 4 -20%

There shields and hull would be buffed to a point where they wernt one shotted by explosions ect

Rewards could be scaled so a 10 minute stf would grant equal xp earned as opposed to a story mission

The Firepower brought to the stf would be small and would not bring balence issues until you get to tier 3 and 4 ships

The added ships under level 50 could be gated to remedy this

First off this system is for a FLEET to enhance a fleet experence in the game

level 50 ships are 5 points each so Tier 5 ship equals 5 points

Allow 25 points to start a STF plus

The fleet could bring in 3 tier 5 ships for 15 points and 10 points of lower level shipsperhaps 2 Tier 3 ships and 2 tier 1 ships and a tier 2 ship for a total of 25 points of ships

this would do many thngs all good

it would allow the fleet to train its members on how the stfs are done

It would allow the lower tier ships to be used by new and vet players so they would be used and even bought

it would allow fleets to take everyone online in there fleet to go and do things together if more than 5 members wanted to go out together and enjoy content

It would make the game more fun and would increase sales of lower Tier ships

It would only be possible in a privite made game and would not impact the normal STF/Games at all

It would be a huge boost to being in a Fleet as a new player
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• nebregnirnebregnir Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I simply fail to understand why a system like Sidekicking/Exemplaring from City of Heroes didn't catch on with more subsequent MMO's. It was an absolutely brilliant mechanic and made grouping a fun and inclusive activity. ANYONE could happily team with ANYONE with little difficultly. Heck my level 50's often ran intro missions with newbies, just for the fun and nostalgia of it. It also helped the lower level folk to have someone experienced along and let them see what their characters might, in time, develop into.

Frankly, it was good advertising for the higher level game, and the in-game store content.

http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Sidekick
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nebregnir wrote: »
    I simply fail to understand why a system like Sidekicking/Exemplaring from City of Heroes didn't catch on with more subsequent MMO's.

FYI: Sister game Champions Online has it.
    <3
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't understand. We have a side-kicking system in STO.
    Granted it's not ideally programmed, since enemies spawn sometimes at level 50, even though I sidekick down to level 10 or something.
    But you can work around this by having the lowbie always enter the map first to make sure enemies spawn at the proper level.

Works the other way around, too. A lowbie can scale up to a 50 at anytime if teamed and in range. The lowbie is onle handicapped by his lack of high end gear (which in itself should make his threat level a lot lower than the squad leader's)

Of course you can still only play in level appropriate content, but getting there doesn't take that long anyway.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Granted it's not ideally programmed, since enemies spawn sometimes at level 50, even though I sidekick down to level 10 or something.

Tell me about it. I had a Lvl 50 in a Star Cruiser warp into a patrol once while I was still in the starter ship. Suddenly I went from killing Orions to getting one-shotted by them.
    <3
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I had a Lvl 50 in a Star Cruiser warp into a patrol once while I was still in the starter ship. Suddenly I went from killing Orions to getting one-shotted by them.
    Yeah, seen that, it's brutal trying to beat L50 enemies when you aren't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg