test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Red Matter Capacitor

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Academy
I am interested in getting the Collectors Edition of Star Trek Online just to get the Red Matter Capacitor. If I remove the game from my pc and download the collectors edition do I have to start my character all over again or will there be a option after the download to where I can log in and play with my level 50 FED character. I only play this character and I really don't want to start all over again.
I am sorry if this is not in the right thread and I am not computer savvy. Any help would appreciated.

Grendel the Wise
U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN (NX-921911)
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by grendelthewise#0990 on

Comments

• oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All your game info should be on the STO servers. I just got a new computer and downloaded the game. All my characters were there.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    monodoso wrote: »
    I am interested in getting the Collectors Edition of Star Trek Online just to get the Red Matter Capacitor. If I remove the game from my pc and download the collectors edition do I have to start my character all over again or will there be a option after the download to where I can log in and play with my level 50 FED character. I only play this character and I really don't want to start all over again.
    I am sorry if this is not in the right thread and I am not computer savvy. Any help would appreciated.

Grendel the Wise

The Game should come with a Code, and all you should have to do is enter the code and it will unlock everything from the CE, without having to uninstall the game.

Just log in on the webpage and this should be the link to do so:

https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    You know, a leech console with 225 in flow caps = the red matter capacitor minus the subsystem repair part.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you buy the collector's edition, all you need are the codes from it. What the CD has is the exact same thing that you have on your computer right now, minus three years worth of patches. Simply go to your account page from the website, and enter the code from the cards. Then, log into STO, and claim your unlocks through the Zen Store in game.

All your computer hard drive holds is how the game looks, feels and interacts, also known as the CLIENT. What icons to use, what the characters and the ships look like, what sounds and visual effects to use when, etc. but that is just half to three quarters of the game.

Your ACCOUNT holds all the information about WHAT characters, items, ships, achievements, and leveling. This information is stored on the Server, and unless Cryptic states otherwise, this will remain available for as long as the game is live. You can effectively "transfer" characters to a new client, computer, or country simple by logging in with that account on a new computer. Many people, including myself have updated their computers while playing. There is no lost of account data between systems.

Custom keybinds may need to be re-installed. But there is no worries about your character.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I want to say thanks to all the guys who pointed me in the right direction. I appreciate it. See you all in the game.

Grendel the Wise
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    You know, a leech console with 225 in flow caps = the red matter capacitor minus the subsystem repair part.

I use both. Leech for the power boost, RMC to fix downed subsystems in absence of ET. Sometimes I'll use RMC for a little extra Aux power for healing or Grav Well when my Aux batteries are on CD, but it doesn't matter that much. It's mostly for the subsystems.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Enjoy your overpowered red matter capacitor.

Tholians are like "Ha ha! I knocked your weapons offline!"

And I'm like "Nuh uh!"