test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new ship customizations

scramspamscramspam Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
For a start i think we should be allowed to change our shield colors.
We should have orange blue (fed only) yellow red (kdf only) green light green(rom only) purple etc...

We should also have customizable deflectors.

(on phone proly a lot of spelling errors)
PoPeRz WiLl PoPeRz Ur BoPeRz UnTilz PoPeRz GeTz GaNkz
Post edited by scramspam on

Comments

• mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    scramspam wrote: »
    We should have orange blue (fed only) yellow red (kdf only) green light green(rom only) purple etc...

This seems like kind of a trivial feature compared to some of the other customization options we're given, but what I WOULD like to see is an actual change in shield visuals for the different types of shields. Slightly smoother, darker shield effects for Resilient Shields, lighter-colored for Regenerative, as they are for Standard, and different colors and things for the special shields. While on this topic, I could also mention that we should get ship interior changes based on what we equip (Actual "assimilated consoles" in the bridge when we equip the Assimilated Consoles, Tholian holo-consoles and 3DHMUs when we equip the Nukara consoles, different warp core models for the different warp core types, etc.)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to be able to have skin-tight shields like the Enterprise-E had in Nemesis. Customizable deflectors would be nice too, but there was a dev post a month or two saying that was unrealistic for some reason.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to be able to have skin-tight shields like the Enterprise-E had in Nemesis. Customizable deflectors would be nice too, but there was a dev post a month or two saying that was unrealistic for some reason.

It's not that it's unrealistic, it just requires re-doing how ship textures are done.
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    scramspam wrote: »

Ugh... our warp trails are already colored according to faction (the new Obelisk carrier illustrates this perfectly... UFP players warp out blue, KDF players warp out red, even tho neither warp trail matches the engines actually on the ship)

No way any engine or shield color should be based on your faction.

It should be based on the HARDWARE you're using.

If the hardware you picked, happens to be KDF only? then fine... but change the hardware to something else, and get the appropriate color for the technology.

Hardware doesn't give a damn who the meat-things crawling around inside of it are allied to.

-- Smoov
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like it myself if we had an option to disable warp trails on our ships.

Seriously, when in Trek did you ever a ship with coloured streamers twice its own length reaching out behind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]