test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tholian Recluse suggestions

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Federation Discussion
I'm a Tac and I just bought this ship yesterday and got the Purple pets with APB2 on them. I have multiples every XII VR console in the game and every Purple doff there is and all the Space sets from the Rep system. I slapped 6 Sprial wave disruptors on it and 2 piece Borg set with Elite Corvarient Shields. I used the CMDR Uni station for a Tac with FAW, BO, FAW, APB3 and TT in the Ens Tac slot. I used the Sci stations for heals and syphon. It did extremely well in STF's. Lots of raw DPS. I used 2 Elite Fleet Neutroniums with power transfer boost. An Elite XII Core with AMP and (E>W) And some Crit UNI consoles. I used the AP Doff and a TT Acc Doff and 3 Tech Doffs.

Just lookiong for suggestions on some good builds. I see where you could make it into a drain build with Polaron and Leech and syphon with some stacked flow capps. Or do a single cannon/turret build.

So how do you Zombify this ship? Use the CMDR Uni for an Eng with all heals?
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm a Tac and I just bought this ship yesterday and got the Purple pets with APB2 on them. I have multiples every XII VR console in the game and every Purple doff there is and all the Space sets from the Rep system. I slapped 6 Sprial wave disruptors on it and 2 piece Borg set with Elite Corvarient Shields. I used the CMDR Uni station for a Tac with FAW, BO, FAW, APB3 and TT in the Ens Tac slot. I used the Sci stations for heals and syphon. It did extremely well in STF's. Lots of raw DPS. I used 2 Elite Fleet Neutroniums with power transfer boost. An Elite XII Core with AMP and (E>W) And some Crit UNI consoles. I used the AP Doff and a TT Acc Doff and 3 Tech Doffs.

Just lookiong for suggestions on some good builds. I see where you could make it into a drain build with Polaron and Leech and syphon with some stacked flow capps. Or do a single cannon/turret build.

Why do you want to tank in a Recluse... when you're a Tactical captain?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why do you want to tank in a Recluse... when you're a Tactical captain?

I can tank in a JHDC and I'm a TAC so...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    I can tank in a JHDC and I'm a TAC so...

Emphasis on tank, as in "deal no damage and be an unkillable zombie". Engis fit this role to a tee, Science *could* using Scattering Field. Tacs offer no native captain abilities to help tanking.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm a Tac captain and I prefer cruisers.

Sure, he may not be in a perfect position to tank supremely, but why not just help him be the best tank he can be under the circumstances?
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • Options
    unboundinfernounboundinferno Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2013

First off, Resiliant not Covariant shields. Covariant has nice shield level, but you'll be wasting time healing your hull from the bleedthrough. Having both ResA and ResB is ideal, and swapping for the situation.

For a damage-dealing tank, I'd say an Elite Fleet Reinforced [SEP] [S->A] [WCap] [AMP] [SSS] would do wonders. Its the one my Oddy runs and under EPW III and EPS II so excess Weapons or Shields are a waste, and the Aux buff for more power and AMP bonus with proper tweaking leaves that nice constant damage boost, leaving only the occasional Engine power the question.

Fore Weapons: 3 Beam Arrays
    Aft Weapons: 2 Beam Arrays, Kinetic Cutting Beam

The Kinetic Cutting Beam is for the 2-part Omega Weapon Amplifier boost you'll appreciate when it trips. Not that frequently, but it will mean a high DPS while its up.

Defensively zombie/tank with the hope of some damage dealt
    Com Universal: Tac: FAW I, FAW II, APD II, APD III
    Ensign Tac: TT I
    Lt Com Engineering: EPW I, RSP I, EPS III
    Lt Com Science: HE I, TSS II, TSS III
    Ensign Science: HE I

Engine/Deflector: Aegis for +defense on movement, or Assimilated Borg for passive Hull Heal, MACO for Power Trans, Omega for mobility. Take your pick.
    Shields: Elite Fleet Resiliant [Cap]x2 [ResA] [Adapt] (with backup [ResB] to swap as needed)
    Engineering: 4x Fleet Neutronium +PowerTrans (all 4, or mix in +Turn if you feel inclined to shift positions)
    Science: Zero-Point, Assimilated, Plasmonic, Emitter Array [+Th] [ShH](or Field Generator)
    Tac: Specific Weapon Type damage for the Beam Arrays

Use 3x Purple Damage Control Engineers for the 35% chance for 30% recharge reduction on EP>Subsystem - it'll let you keep one copy of EP cycling pretty reliably at global. 2x purple Con Officers for Reduced Recharge +Buff to keep the TT at global.

Lean heavily on Science to heal the Hull and Shields, relying on the Resilaint Shields and EPS III to hold up under Tac Teams. Spam FAW for attention and use APD to make the mob easier to kill for you and allies. With Resiliant Shields the HE I should be plenty, letting you use the higher TSS to keep the shields sturdier. In theory, should hold up well in most cases.

Ensure the Shield Power level is maxed at 130 under the use of Plasmonic+EPS III, shift what you can spare to Weapon Power to hoppefully aim for the 135-150ish over-cap power mark, rest goes under Aux. Engines at minimal that you can get away with, and since there is not built-in heavy power boost, it won't be too much. Might be able to get away with all at +75 for [AMP] however you may not have max Shields or Weapons under that.

Not the most impressive tank, but as a Tac Capt it does still allow you to deal decent damage that can be sufficient for any STF.

Unfortunately it can't function that well as a Tank without FAW for the attention, as a result the Universal is just about required to be Tactical. If you want a Zombie brick, then double up on Engineering there, running EPE I, Aux2Sif I, RSP II, RPS III under a similar setup, instead focusing on Neutronium +Turn or mixing RCS +AllRes for Engineering Consoles. You'd cycle EPE I for the Engine boost to get all 4 Subsystems to the +75 [AMP] level while cirlcing the target to focus damage and keep its attention. Downside ends up being low-feeling damage - and your Tanking is only the target you attack.