test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assault Cruiser Kit - Connie Tribute

forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Federation Discussion
Hi folks. This idea more or less came to me entirely by accident while I was just messing around trying to make my kit design for my FAC (Fleet Assault Cruiser). I don't know if anyone will think this is good or what. I think though, if you like it, it could work as a substitute for a Connie of the 25th century~!

Ahem, anyways. I think it would work as a good substitute for a T5 Constellation.

Assault Cruiser - Constellation Tribute
Parts Used
Saucer - Majestic
Neck - Noble
Hull - Sovereign
Pylons - Imperial
Nacelles - Sovereign

I will admit that that the only way to access the Imperial parts, you need the FAC. If you don't have access to FAC, you can swap out the Imperial for the Majestic, but I think the Imperial works better for the overall look. Also, I have the Fleet Material being used in the picture, though I think 3 or 6 are probably better choices for the actual hull of the Constellation.

Enjoy!

P.S.
It wouldn't let me put the image in the post, so I instead give you a link.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• acylionacylion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ahem, anyways. I think it would work as a good substitute for a T5 Constellation.

Don't you mean the Constitution?

The Constellation is a different ship.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Looks more like the Vengeance :D
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I personally am virtually appalled.

I applaud your attempt, but that thing looks like a monstrosity......
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    Don't you mean the Constitution?

The Constellation is a different ship.

Bah... >_< I'm so terrible with names, especially as of late. I should've just stuck with Connie. My fault.
    Looks more like the Vengeance :D
    Really? I haven't watched the new movie, so I wouldn't know. Just haven't gotten around to watching it, for those wondering why I haven't. It is on my to do list.
    I personally am virtually appalled.

I applaud your attempt, but that thing looks like a monstrosity......
    I like it. I admit it wasn't the greatest kit, but it at least can provide a suitable alternative to the lack of a T5 Connie, for those who want it.

Rundown of what's wrong though with the kit:
    The Saucer is too big and is poorly shaped for the Connie. However, it is the only Saucer that kind of bares resemblance to it. I debated between the Majestic's and the Sovereign's, but I think the Majestic's is a better fit.

The Neck doesn't come up like the Connie does. Nothing you can do about it, as the Assault Cruiser's neck piece is the weakest part of the ship. The Sovereign, Noble and Majestic necks all are the same size and as such only provide a cosmetic change. Whereas the Regent and Imperial necks are impractical to use on any ship that isn't the original.

The Pylons aren't one consistent shape and have holes in them. Nothing you can do about this, as only the Regent's are whole, but they are swoop towards the Saucer and are a pain to fit right. Therefore, I just like to pretend that on my version (with the Imperial), that there is no holes. I would like an option of not having them with holes, but no such options are available.

The Nacelles are the worst of the bunch. The only two useable options, due to nothing sticking out are the Sovereign, which I went with, and the Imperial. To match the Connie's design, you'd need to go with the Nacelles that go backwards, which is why the Sovereign's were taken. Personally, I think the Imperial's look better. If you can put up with the Noble's little sticking out fins are the end of them, those probably are the more "ideal" ones.

The Material I picked for this picture was pretty poor. It looks much better with brighter hull material options. I should've picked one of those when posting this. I also should've left off any coloring of the ship. This was more of a "eureka" moment and so I didn't plan this as well as I should've. My apologizes.

The good things about this kit:
    The Hull is probably the only piece that truly fits out of the costume pieces. It is the only piece that you could swear would be on the Connie if it was redesigned for the 25th century. Hurray for the Sovereign!

While, I'd rather have it resemble the Connie better, it does follow Cryptic and CBS' choices for the 25th century designs like the Armitage, Regent, Aquarius, Vesta and Odyssey. So if there was a T5 Connie, I wouldn't doubt that it would look pretty similar to this design. About the only differences I could see would probably come from the Neck and Nacelles being quite different. Hull and Saucers would see a slight change, while the Pylons would just be without holes.

The community for STO has been pretty awesome to me, so I figured this was at least a small way to give back to it.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I think this is very good. Best we can get t T5, though I think you're right about it looking better with lighter hull texture.

Still. I cant fathom why they dont just make a T5 Exeter. It retro, gorgeous and 25th c. Its win-win..... win.

I reckon the pylons are the main problem with it myself, but its the best option available

Hope it helps console some Connie fans just a tiny bit. Who knows, if the devs see enough Sovstitutions in game then maybe thatll convince CBS to relent and let true T5 Connies in game.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH