test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Helmsman trait

jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
I hope there are plans to include this trait in a new reward pack or lock box

at 30+ million a pop on the exchange soon it wil cost more than ships do

please include this trait in some form where it can be purchased and fed back into the game cryptic

Thanks
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »

please include this trait in some form where it can be purchased and fed back into the game cryptic

Thanks

I'll sell it to you for 100 million EC right now, on the spot. :P:P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I Bet you would :P

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic likes to have events that all lockboxes drop so it is unlikely they will introduce it to other lockboxes.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ladies and gents, start your hoarding engines!! 3, 2, 1....Hoarddd!!!!! Helmsman will likely go up to 75 million until Cryptic reintroduces the tal shiar lock boxes.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Ladies and gents, start your hoarding engines!! 3, 2, 1....Hoarddd!!!!! Helmsman will likely go up to 75 million until Cryptic reintroduces the tal shiar lock boxes.

but who is going to open the boxes ?

The ships in those boxes were poor at best :(

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

but who is going to open the boxes ?

The ships in those boxes were poor at best :(

I thought the tal shiar destroyer was highly sought after?

I propose that after a lock box run has ended, all big ticket items be thrown into the lobi store. Ships, traits, consoles maybe weapons.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    I thought the tal shiar destroyer was highly sought after?

I propose that after a lock box run has ended, all big ticket items be thrown into the lobi store. Ships, traits, consoles maybe weapons.

What you don't realize is that if cryptic were to do something like that a great deal LESS lockboxes would ever get opened.

If people cant hoard and make ec off of the items whats the point of opening boxes.

The markets all flow in waves. cheap at first, then skyrockets, then falls, but not as far, then up again, then skyrockets, then falls again, wavers, then tanks when box is rereleased. then skyrockets.
    er something.

P.S.
    You might want to blame a farmer for high prices, when in fact, without 'farmers' everything there is would be a lot more expensive.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Bah, better things to hoard although some people will pay anything for a small benefit if it's rare enough.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You still have to open the lockbox for the lobi. If lobi loot that was once lockbox were bop, I don't think there would be much of a problem besides an initial flux

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Thanks

Thought traits were earn by playing the game what and where is this trait your talking about?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    Thought traits were earn by playing the game what and where is this trait your talking about?

Helmsman is a lockbox trait, the full name is genetic resequencer: Helmsman

It adds a new trait to your trait pool and gives you a free trait respect token

The Helmsman trait reduces your the cooldown of evasive maneuvers by 10 seconds and increases turn rate by 5%

Not groundbreaking but the reduction in evasive maneuvers sure adds some more fun to the game

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    Helmsman is a lockbox trait, the full name is genetic resequencer: Helmsman

It adds a new trait to your trait pool and gives you a free trait respect token

The Helmsman trait reduces your the cooldown of evasive maneuvers by 10 seconds and increases turn rate by 5%

Not groundbreaking but the reduction in evasive maneuvers sure adds some more fun to the game

Thanks, Although it is rather disjointing if you have to open lockboxes or buy from exchange in order to add to your trait pool. This take away from F2P, I think they need to find another way to add to trait pool.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    This take away from F2P, I think they need to find another way to add to trait pool.
    It doesn't, not really. The item isn't out of reach for you, you've just got to play longer (and gain more EC) in order to purchase it off the exchange.

Nobody ever needs to pay any actual money into this game; only greedy people or impatient people do. ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hence the reason I buy these items up when they are plentyful and hold them for awhile until the supply dwindles. I got 5 or 6 at around 13 Mil or so each. I'll wait until they break 75 mil before I list them.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    could be quick :(

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vamank wrote: »
    Hence the reason I buy these items up when they are plentyful and hold them for awhile until the supply dwindles. I got 5 or 6 at around 13 Mil or so each. I'll wait until they break 75 mil before I list them.

LOL the moment any of that TRIBBLE exceeds 500k is when you will never catch me buying it for those prices!!! Some other sucker can pay those outlandish prices, but not I:P
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    LOL the moment any of that TRIBBLE exceeds 500k is when you will never catch me buying it for those prices!!! Some other sucker can pay those outlandish prices, but not I:P

500k is 10 minutes of farming...i think 15million is about fair. 30 millions is ridiculous

• Options
    edited September 2013

If you had any Lobes for business you should buy as much of them as you can at 500k and sit until the prices rose. There are always suckers with more Money/EC then brains. Somebody will pay it, esp if its really rare and the supply is non-existent.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

Hmm... I have 280 Tal SHiar boxes stock piled.

If only I were gifted with more money than sense I'd buy the keys to open them.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Helmsman is currently going for 60 million EC. The price jump occurred mostly within the last two days. See my thread here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12386621
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    maybe they will eventually add past box traits to the lobi store for a price. otherwise I can't see them making it easier to acquire them
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Its just broke 80 Million. Its time to clean up.

Oh Yeah!!!!
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They'll probably get up to a total of 12-16 special traits, then rotate them 4 at time in future lockboxes.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The OP has two options. Cry about the price or learn and profit.
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Then I'm glad I got mine when I did! 9 million doesn't sound so bad after all!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol